Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't take delivery of mine for a week still, but was wondering:

Does anyone who has the adjustable air suspension notice the difference between Sport and Comfort?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good test drive over speed bumps in one setting then switch to other. You'll notice right away. Mine never leaves comfort aside from highway

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Same here.

Comfort is noticeably squishy when going through curves, but not scary.

"Auto" really is a mix of both modes. I feel a little more of the small bumps, but rebound is damped more than in Comfort mode.

In comparison to Comfort, I feel every bump in Sport mode. But Sport mode seems slightly softer than my Eos (which has regular "steel" suspension).

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
There is a noticeable difference for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a difference but it also depends highly on the tires and wheel size. On my 20" with 40 profile tires between the three settings is not as much difference as on 17" with 65 profile tires.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
984 Posts
Yes definitely - although I'd prefer more difference - Normal is about right, Comfort could do with being softer and Sport could do with being firmer.

I normally just use Comfort but on my first towing trip I discovered that Sport gives a more even ride at cruising speed.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you drive spiritedly the dampers will still revert to sport even though the dial is on comfort.

;)

Read the SSP's and read the owner's manual.

Reactions: Nightdrv
1 - 9 of 9 Posts