Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I park my Touareg and let it sit, the right rear corner air suspension "leaks down" and sags 2-3 inches below the other corners. The system works just fine when driving.

Is anyone else with the Air Suspension experiencing this? The dealership is scratching their head and they say VW is too!?! I don't think it's hurting anything, just looks dumb when you walk up to the car after it's been sitting.

THe car is only 3 weeks old and is otherwise virtually flawless. We love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem seems to be getting worse and I've contacted dealership again - I'm not letting them tear into it until they have a tech solution. My concern is that air is constantly leaking from the rear suspension system while the car is moving (and traveling over bumps, etc). That should cause the compressor to have to cycle more than it would need to while the car is moving.

The salesman who sold me the car (great guy, Chip Shaffer at Auffenberg VW in OFallon, Ill. VERY knowledgeable about the product) says that the last car with air suspension they had on the lot before mine could be pumped up to the highest setting and left over night without any leak down.

I'm really reluctant to let them tear into this thing until I know whether or not this is really a problem. Can anyone out there with Air Suspension experiment by pumping up to the highest level and seeing if it leaks down over night?

The car has been great. We really love it. And the dealership is being helpful but cautious (the technician is still getting used to this technical marvel!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
tankertoad said:
When I park my Touareg and let it sit, the right rear corner air suspension "leaks down" and sags 2-3 inches below the other corners. The system works just fine when driving.

Is anyone else with the Air Suspension experiencing this? The dealership is scratching their head and they say VW is too!?! I don't think it's hurting anything, just looks dumb when you walk up to the car after it's been sitting.

THe car is only 3 weeks old and is otherwise virtually flawless. We love it!

I have a V8 prem plus with 19s and my air suspension does not leak out. I would really take this up with VW and not the dealer UNLESS you KNOW THEY HAVE A TECH THAT CAN HANDLE THE JOB. I would get another because this is a MAJOR PROBLEM AND COULD CAUSE AN ACCIDENT FOR YOU OR YOUR FAMILY and WHOEVER HAPPENED TO BE THE OTHER VEHICLE. I WOULD RAISE ALL KINDA OF you know what about this. I took mine to a dealer in Tennesee and they just don't seem to know how to work on them with expertise yet. Luckly , my problem was just a loose battery terminal but they had to order the battery cover becasue they ruined it taking it off.

G

·
Air Susp Leak

This has happened to a small number of Cayenne owners. We call it the susp leg fart, because thats what it sound like if you manage to hear it when it goes down.

I believe its something on the leg.

It needs to be fixed, I would not drive my Cayenne if it did it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Air Susp Leak

tankertoad, sorry to hear you're having problems. Personally, I'd take a hard failure like this over a random gremlin anyday (note that I prefer no problems at all).

mudman2, the very descriptive phrase "susp leg fart" sent coffee flying all over the place :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
leaking suspension

Hi
This is my first reply so PLEASE bear with me WE have had our V6for about 4mths now and at first our left front dropped buy about 9mm We took it back to dealers how told us there is a tolerance of +/- 3mm at any time we complained of lights being to high so they checked and found suspension at fault so readjusted. I leave mine at extra ride hieght all time just to diss my other half as she struggles to get daugter and herself in. no problems any more apart from fog lights misting up. long shot but maybe???????? : =;

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suspension Sag cause

As I stated in my original post, my treg was sagging at the right corner every time we parked it.

After two trips to the dealer, they kept it for a week and (with some "help" from me suggesting that the leak had to be at the pump area) found the leak in one of the lines and fixed it.

My treg sits straight now and doesn't leak down at all. The information that Spockcat had on his website was what I used for research...my knowledge of the system was very useful in guiding the service department to the fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.