Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

A year ago I became owner of 2009 Touareg (V6) and so far it's been pure pleasure. This is version with air suspension and today I have noticed a bit unusual behavior and I'm hoping any of experienced members here could shed some light on that.
Until now, when I switched suspension into auto-level mode it was lowering down the car, until on the display where were 2 bars out of 5. Today something has changed (tried couple of times) and setting auto-level puts me on 3 bars out of five.

I can switch to loading level with no problem.
The only thing that has changed recently is the temperature outside (currently around -10 deg Celsius). Suspension stiffness is always set to 'sport'.

As the suspension works (loading, offload, xtra levels), I'm interested if any of you had ever similar issue?
How does car (on the parking) decides which height it should use in auto-level mode ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Check and see if this applies to your vehicle.

Two bars is the default when you are in sport suspension mode.
Three bars is the default when you are in regular or comfort suspension mode

·
Learner
4,707 Posts
This is not the case with r line model. Normal and sport are two bars for rline.

Run vcds on air suspension and see if the second digit is 4 or 5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for suggestions.
Well, it's not the suspension mode, as usually I was using sport mode. But I went through all of them, comfort/auto/sport and for last two days car sets on 3 bars height where always so far was 2 - independently on the mode.

Suspension works, all modes are working it's not bothering me that much, however this is something new in behavior of my T.

Thanks Singh for tip with VCDS - I will check that one out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts