Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

just got 2007 V8 tuareg and i gat this red alert code says "fault running gear""
From visit the dealership we got the codes: 01400 & 02250.

The alert code pop when we start the car, and the compressor start working and raise the car/or while driving
When the car stays "off" for few hours the front start to drop down on the passenger side 1st and then the hole front...
For my opinion compressor working fine, it seems to have air leak from one or the shocks/airbags or losing pressure from one of the elements related.
My question is that:
Should I run and buy a new air shock or start (which I think there's a hole in it) check other directions? Eliminate some other problem?

Thanks allot
Ohad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Isolate the leak first before spending big money on an air strut. An easy quick check for a common issue is to spray some soapy water around the pressure retention valves on the front struts

Reactions: Ohad

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The air lines have been known to come out where they connect to the valves and compressor. Also. the fitting where the air goes into the top of the air spring has been known to corrode and leak/break. Clean and grease to prevent more corrosion. In any case soap bubbles tell the story.
If the leak continues the compressor can be overworked and fail - an expensive lesson.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This error message is the worst ever. I got my V10 Twin Turbo Treg a few years ago. The day I got it, I started getting this fault. I contacted the previous owner who advised that this had been an ongoing issue that had many things replaced, recalibrated etc in an effort to fix it. The last thing that was done was the air compressor was replaced 2months prior and they hadn't had the fault since. They had however only driver the car home from the repairer and garaged it until I bought it.
Anyway I booked it in to my local VW repair, and they could not find anything wrong with it, however it was now a "hard fault", they assured me I could continue to drive it, & in the mean time they would contact tech support and get back to me.
5 days later (11 days since taking possession) I did an exhaust manifold gasket! Car went for repairs, and while the engine was out they tested the turbos and they needed rebuilding apparently. $11500 later I had my car back and no fault, they had also replaced transmission looms?? (My lack of knowledge probably means I was taken for a ride).. 3 months later I bought a radio transmitter thingy for music on my ph to be played through the radio, put it in the cigarette lighter and bam, fault appears again. This suggested it was electrical.. I was over it, & also going through a separation so I never bothered with having it looked it. 18mknths later I got an and fault and lost some braking power. My partner replaced the brake pads for me, and while doing this noticed one of the wires for the abs was broken. He repaired it and touch wood no faults at all for the last three weeks!
Apparently the suspension fault can trigger for many reasons, mainly battery voltage or turbo related though is what I've been led to believe..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts