Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

· Registered
123 Posts
the OEM price for 4 shocks is more than the car is worth, I'm guessing the ebay units come out of the same factory bu go out the back door instead of the VW distribution system which will add 10x markup...
Do you think they’re actually even still made? Many treg components are out of production, dwindling parts availability, just curious

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you think they’re actually even still made? Many treg components are out of production, dwindling parts availability, just curious
yes blue dog, I've had the local parts guys busy checking price and availability plenty, eg LHS wing mirror:- one available on earth $700. sort of makes you think they want me to stop driving the 2004 V10 and buy a new model....

· Registered
123 Posts
yes blue dog, I've had the local parts guys busy checking price and availability plenty, eg LHS wing mirror:- one available on earth $700. sort of makes you think they want me to stop driving the 2004 V10 and buy a new model....
I know still available. But stock and production are different. Curious if still produced

· Registered
2008 Touareg V8
450 Posts
How is the salvage yard system in the Australia? This 06 just showed up at my local salvage yard and all 4 shock assemblies are still there at $30 each. Really cheap!! Looks like someone tried to remove one and probably didn't have the right tools.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Asphalt Automotive exterior

· Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
How is the salvage yard system in the Australia? This 06 just showed up at my local salvage yard and all 4 shock assemblies are still there at $30 each. Really cheap!! Looks like someone tried to remove one and probably didn't have the right tools.
View attachment 254861
yes Micheld7 there are a few yards selling Touareg parts albeit not as cheep as your guys, I would be a bit reluctant to get used shocks are a wearing item.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts