Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my air ride intermittently will change settings from sport to comfort without any change in the selector switch

anyone have a similar story??

I'm thinking the tumbler type switch is at fault requiring cleaning or replacing

please chime in if you've had the same or similar

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
That's interesting.. You could hook it up to VCDS and look at the measuring values to see if the switch is randomly sending input changes. Or try unplugging the switch? That may or may not send an error message. I've never tried it.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
remove switch, soak in pure alcohol and refit. If it persists, replace.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my air ride intermittently will change settings from sport to comfort without any change in the selector switch

anyone have a similar story??

I'm thinking the tumbler type switch is at fault requiring cleaning or replacing

please chime in if you've had the same or similar
When it "change settings from sport to comfort without any change in the selector switch", did the MFD display anything related the suspension change? If not, I don't think it is the switch fault. Because when I use the switch, the MFD will display something related the suspension changes.
My 08 V8 keep going back to comfort height, and I don't know why.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
With VCDS, you can usually look around and find the section that lets you see the current inputs of a switch.

I have taken a lot of switches apart over the years and hand cleaned the contracts. My most likely guess... probably spilled something that seeped inside the switch and is messing it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts