1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TOUAREG R5 2.5TDI 7L 2004. I am trying to fix this VCDS error:

01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)
014 - Defective

I have finally managed to locate the sensor, in the engine bay, just to the left of the brake fluid reservoir. From the VCDS error description I guess I might have to replace it (?). I found it just laying around in there, so my question is: where is it supposed to be mounted? I could not see any brackets anywhere.... Does anyone here have pictures of it?

This is the part number on it: 7L0907643

·
Registered
2005 V8
456 Posts
It mounts to the underside of the plastic cover to that area, about 3-4 inches away from the reservoir. There is a spot for it and slides in. To get to it you need to remove the wipers and the large plastic cover.

Sorry no pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It mounts to the underside of the plastic cover to that area, about 3-4 inches away from the reservoir. There is a spot for it and slides in. To get to it you need to remove the wipers and the large plastic cover.

Sorry no pictures.
Ok, thanks alot voortreger! I will have a look, and post the findings :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update. I have tried to clean connectors and gently blow clean air in the opening of the sensor, but it still gives me an error. Some of the plastic is also broken, so it won't sitt in the bracket. I will try to replace it.

Car Hood Motor vehicle Grille Vehicle Hand Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Hood Finger Hood Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood Grille Bumper Motor vehicle Gas

·
Registered
270 Posts
Timely post. I have this error also. Now I know where to look to find the sensor.

ETA: Looks like the part number has been updated: 7E0907643

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have ordered a relatively cheap alternative from AIC Germany Automotive Components (58203 AIC). It was in stock so I hope I will get it this week🤞 :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have ordered a relatively cheap alternative from AIC Germany Automotive Components (58203 AIC). It was in stock so I hope I will get it this week🤞 :)
I think I found the same one on ebay from Latvia for €52, USD $62. One in the US is USD $119.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have replaced the Air Quality Sensor with the new one i bought. VCDS still gives me an error:

010 - Open or Short to Plus

So it changed from 014 - Defective to 010 - Open or Short to Plus. At least I now have a new and correctly mounted non working sensor...:sneaky:.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have replaced the Air Quality Sensor with the new one i bought. VCDS still gives me an error:

010 - Open or Short to Plus

So it changed from 014 - Defective to 010 - Open or Short to Plus. At least I now have a new and correctly mounted non working sensor...:sneaky:.
I wonder if that reflects the quality of the replacement part? I have not ordered the one I found yet as I was waiting on your report.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hard to say, it might be that the initial problem was not the sensor, and that both sensors are working fine. I will try to check the connectors and wiring, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts