Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I thought I'd share some pics of my new Exped Synmat 7 S sleeping pad which fits perfectly in the cargo area. Two will fit side-by-side. It has a built-in pump system which took less than 2-minutes to fill. It's available in 3 sizes, this is the SMALL and it's one of the most comfortable pads out there.

@ Amazon I purchased here

REI Great for reviews, they did not have SMALL in stock.

SynMat 7 S
Size: 163 x 52cm / 64 x 20"
Thickness: 7 cm / 2.8“
Weight:770 g / 27.2 oz
Packed: 23 x 14 cm / 9 x 5.5"“
Temperature: -17°C / 1°F
Filling: Texpedloft Microfiber.
R-value: 4.9

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does your car have the step in the back where the seat folds? What's it like for a nights sleep?
Neil

·
Official CT Ricer!
1,453 Posts
I have an 06 V10, how were you able to fold your seat down completely like that?

Is there something I'm missing? I tried and the seats in my 06 only fold about 60%. If you try to push them down more, the seat belt buckles start to push against the leather and there is considerable resistance after that point.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
catalystgod said:
I have an 06 V10, how were you able to fold your seat down completely like that?

Is there something I'm missing? I tried and the seats in my 06 only fold about 60%. If you try to push them down more, the seat belt buckles start to push against the leather and there is considerable resistance after that point.
Hi. Seat bottom flips forward, then seat-backs click
into place.

-Start by pulling up on strap (located where your calf would be if seated) attached to seat-bottom.

-Flip seat-bottom forward, it's hinged on the front (you may need to move front seats forward a bit).

-Drop seat-backs, partially (using lever at top near headrests).

-Remove headrests (you'll find storage holes for them on the top of seat bottoms once everything is in place.

-Drop seat-backs, fully. They'll lock into place.

**When returning seat-bottom back into place, put it into position, then push down (it will move backward by itself to touch the seat-back)

Let me know if this helps.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does your car have the step in the back where the seat folds? What's it like for a nights sleep?
Neil
Hi there. Not sure what you're referring to with the step. Could you clarify a bit?

If you can fit in the back, even angled, you'll sleep well. I fit in length-wise (barely) and this mattress makes all the difference.

This makes those overnight, early-departure hikes so much more comfortable. On quick road trips, I'd rather not deal with a tent. Just roll-up the mattress and go.

I leave the flipper glass open so I can vent if needed. The rear side-shades help with some privacy, too (although they aren't secure enough for mosquitos!)

Cheers,

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've put my seats down flat, but there is still that step midway that for me would be a problem. Perhaps a foam board filler would help. Then again where would you put it when you put the seats back up.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NKAWTG said:
I've put my seats down flat, but there is still that step midway that for me would be a problem. Perhaps a foam board filler would help. Then again where would you put it when you put the seats back up.
There really is no step in mine, although I can see a very slight rise. Any variable, including the tiny gap is negated by the mattress. It hasn't been a problem for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've found a twin sized air mattress from Walmart/Target works just fine. They sell a 71" long matress that is about 7-8" thick. Its enough you dont' notice the bump. I think single or cot sized mattress (also sold at walmart would work). I use the inverter to inflate with a 110V pump (already owned one).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts