Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the RHS inner guard to find the source of an oil leak, I noticed the air intake tube going into the air filter was not connected. this tube goes from the front inlet to the filter housing.

Is there supposed to be a clamp or something to hold the tube onto the filter housing?

To part to join these items, I used some duct tape. hopefully this will do till I figure out how to connect them properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I removed the RHS inner guard to find the source of an oil leak, I noticed the air intake tube going into the air filter was not connected. this tube goes from the front inlet to the filter housing.

Is there supposed to be a clamp or something to hold the tube onto the filter housing?

To part to join these items, I used some duct tape. hopefully this will do till I figure out how to connect them properly.

When it all all clean and correctly positioned that pipe pushes into the air box and locks in on the small groove at the end no clamp required.
They can be difficult to push in hence why yours is probably not correctly installed.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks Drag, I tried to push it on but didn't seem to fit.

Next time I'm in there I'll be more forceful.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Ragman
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing