Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. So I'm in the middle of a desert. This is Dubai, and the outside temperature today (or has been for the past week) at 40°C. But I've been here, done this with other SUV's (Range Rover, BMW X5, Mitsubishi Pajero, and Toyota Land Cruiser are the last few SUV's I've owned). I've never had a more inefficient air conditioner than the Touareg. Is anyone else facing this problem? When I have people in the back, they find it unbearable. Apparently, I should have opted for the 4-zone climatronic. But I have the regular AC. Any comments?

· Registered
13 Posts
Ater less tahn a week the AC on my Touareg died. Initially it was not as cool as I thought it should be then the A/C started blowing hot air (warmer than outside). The dealer checked for coolant leaks, etc but found no mechanical problems with the A/C. Eventually they discovered a TSB-Tech Service Bulletin (yes, for the electronics/computer) that resolved the issue.

· Registered
25 Posts
A/C

My T-Reg is in the shop for warm A/C for the fourth time right now. They can't find any leaks. When they charge the A/C, it works for about 2 weeks then starts blowing warmer air and making a hissing noise. Is this what yours did?

· Registered
23 Posts
When I took a V10 for a test drive I also had the same complaint about the AC, which was not a problem the previous time I drove that car. Back at the dealer there was an V8 with the 4C AC which also had a complaint about the AC not working properly, while another V8 with 2C would be cold in a few minutes.

The dealer believed it may be due to the placement of the compressor and heat build-up around it that causes the AC to fail. Even in the 4C it uses only one compressor.

· Registered
37 Posts
A/C in the Treg sucks...i have taken it in 2 times for the A/C...and dealer says it blows to Spec...VW NEEDS TO STEP up and admit it is a problem and get a fix for it!!!

· Registered
18 Posts
i live in UNITED ARAB EMIRATES and where i wor usually its between 40 and 50c and my A/C goin good . for sure if the car has been under the sun for hours it will take time to cool not more than 15 min while ur driving

· Registered
42 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the A/C; doesn't cool as well as any other car I've had (which is sad for the "Top SUV on the Market." I've also noticed that lately the temperature seems to cycle a few minutes at a cooler lever and then a few minutes of warm. Even in the mornings, when the temperature is around 70 degrees F and the unit on full blast, it doesn't cool the interior.

I plan to bring it up at my 5,000k service .... I'm starting to wish I bought a Lexus because I know the service at VW is going to be a horrible experience. :anger:

· Registered
6 Posts
doesn't work too

i'm an italian user and i have the same problem too...
noisly and not cool enough...
i've just paied for air filter cange little time ago but the problem is the same...
my car is an german version... not for italian market!

· Registered
328 Posts
Either I have a weirdo car or you guys do. My car sits outside in 105°F for 8-9 hours a day and cools down in less than ten minutes. I have a 86k VIN and the 4-zone climatronic. It's always on automatic with the temp set to 68°F.

· Registered
23 Posts
I don't have a touareg (YET) to look into this issue, but has anyone looked at where the air conditioning pipes are located.

The reason for this is that years ago my father's BMW 528i had an AC pipeline explode. When we removed the pipe we discovered that it was installed in such a way that it was next to the exhaust manifold. The replacement pipe quite easily made it along the side of the engine bay, far away from the exhaust.

I also had an Opel Astra that had its AC drain pipe mouted the wrong way around, which meant that it was bent upwards by the power steering pipes. It was a short 'L'-shaped pipe with a short end that is supposed to fit on the firewall, and the long end pointing down. In the correct position it would turn before reaching the power steering pipes. Every time I would drive for a long time the carpet in the car would get wet.

· Registered
3 Posts
A/C

I have more then 23,000km on my V6 w/ 4ws. Been in for 46days in 12 months and is in the shop now for a comply diagnostic. The compressor was changed two weeks ago after 3-4 times A/C breaks down and it's still working for now. Trying to have them to replace my car.

· Registered
42 Posts
Had my 5,000 mile service yesterday. Dealer said my A/C needed a new "expansion block" and the part is on order. As for some other issues, they said there is no known fix for the fast clock or jerky transmission (VIN 74xxx apparently doesn't qualify for the flash) and the rep had no knowledge of a pending NAV update. At least they washed the car.... Oh, one more thing. Even thought the salesman confirmed loaners were always available, I had to get shuttled to Enterprise Rental and got a POS Ford Focus with 33k miles -- Time to buy Lexus stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.