Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a new problem with my 2004 V8 T-Reg, the air conditioning sensors say there is a coolant leak. The dealership has inspected the system and there is no leak, but they say I can fix the issue cheaply by just recharging the system using an aftermarket can of refrigerant from NAPA, etc. I have found many products but have no clue as to where the air conditioning valve would be to intorduce the new refrigerant to the system.

Any help? Or should I fork out the $$$ to have the system flushed with new refrigerant from the dealership.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
The A/C system is a closed system... you shouldn't lose refrigerant unless there is a leak or the recharging valve opening is leaking (which happened on several '04's)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You need to ascertaain whether the system pressure is indeed low (use an AC gauge manifold) or, as in my case, the sensor simply reads low because of low battery voltage, possible in the past. Mine did it while sitting for a couple of months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem Solved

Hello,

The problem was that the coolant was not changed completely last time it was serviced. The technician added about 12oz. or so of new coolant and the entire system kicked back on and has been working fine for a few weeks now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts