Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on long trips- 3hours at 75 mph-with climate control in Auto at 75f cool air slows until essentially no flow...fan still operating...wait an hour and system works for a short while...my diagnosis is coils freezing...VW service baffled...appreciate anyone with similar experience and/or fix

· Registered
866 Posts
RLHSantafe said:
on long trips- 3hours at 75 mph-with climate control in Auto at 75f cool air slows until essentially no flow...fan still operating...wait an hour and system works for a short while...my diagnosis is coils freezing...VW service baffled...appreciate anyone with similar experience and/or fix
I would suggest having them check the condensation drains - if they are plugged and water is accumulating, this will promote freezing. Do you happen to notice any sloshing sound when going around corners or over bumps?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...I haven't heard any unusual sounds... we had the car in Florida all winter...I have seen water under the vehicle after stopping which I assumed was from the condensate drains...easy to check and a good suggestion-thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.