Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We dont often get warm days here in England but today being one of them has highlighted a problem. The climate control system only appears to blow warm air. The ambient temperature is quite warm but not such that the air con would not at least blow cool air if not cold. I can turn the temp right down to low and just get the fan working overtime but still blowing warm air. If I turn it to about 24 Deg then the fan runs at a slower speed and if I turn to high then the fan runs faster but also blows out hot air (by which I mean hotter than the air it is blowing out at Lo setting).

I had the air-con recharged about a month ago and it was blowing out cool air at the time.

Could this be that the gas has leaked out from the A/C system or a fault with something like a heating thermostat?

Has anybody else had any issues such as this?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Administrator
4,363 Posts
Have a tech scan cfor faults. I have seen low pressures errors on my ac unit the have gone a stayed away upon clearing the fault. It is also possible that the error will return induicating a leak in the system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had the same problem, blow warm air no matter what. For me I had to have the system recharged. As VW explained to me, when there is a problem it closes the valve from the AC side. You either have a leak or you need your system scanned

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a V10 2003 model (UK), the air con does not blow cold air. Had diagnostic by VW dealer- result engine/gearbox out = big bill £2500 ! any ideas?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I had a problem with mine, it was blowing cold air regardless of the settings in the middle of winter. It turns out that the temp sensor inside the HVAC system was faulty and not reading the temperature of the air going past it the passenger compartment correctly.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I have a V10 2003 model (UK), the air con does not blow cold air. Had diagnostic by VW dealer- result engine/gearbox out = big bill £2500 ! any ideas?
Someone has the same problem on the UK Touareg site: www.mytreg.com

He and I have both posted on here to see if there's a fix that does not require the engine to be dropped but no joy so far.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had mine recharged and it still blew hot air. THe problem was a fault code that was triggered by a sudden temp change in the past winter (heated garage to cold outside). THe fault code shuts off the compressor to prevent damage to it. Clearing the fault code allows the compressor to run. Check this with a vag-com before undergoing expensive repairs.

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It will tell you the pressure sensor is reading too low. First time it happened to me I put the refrigerant gauges on it and saw there was good pressure. Vag Com will allow you to disconnect the offending pressure sensor.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I had mine recharged and it still blew hot air. THe problem was a fault code that was triggered by a sudden temp change in the past winter (heated garage to cold outside). THe fault code shuts off the compressor to prevent damage to it. Clearing the fault code allows the compressor to run. Check this with a vag-com before undergoing expensive repairs.
This is correct and unless you recode with Vag-com or take it to the dealer to re-code you will have this happen again and again when the temps vary as you state. There is a TSB on this and it gives you the recoding specifics so this won't happen again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
recoding hvac pressure sensors

You have made reference to a TSB on recoding specific numbers for the HVAC pressure sensors using the Vag Com. What are the numbers to use in recoding? I live and drive in the desert and have had similar problems with variable temps.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts