Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 V10 tdi, the controller up front is for the 4 zone climate, but there is no controller in the rear. I can't get any air from the vents in the rear and I have tried all settings as per a posting on this site.

The left hand storage area in the trunk is missing which points to the rear air-conditioned unit being installed, I have checked the two fuse panels in the sides of the dash and all is good. Are there any other fuses hidden around the vehicle?

There is a wiring loom coming from under the center rear console with three plugs, not sure if the controller has been removed.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just read the SSP301, very helpful booklet thanks.

This confirms the controller in the dash is the 4 zone, as per page 4 but lacks the controller in the rear.

I have looked in the trunk to find there are air ducts running from the left hand side to the rear air-conditioned ducts

I have removed the rear console cover to find a number of wires disconnected, one being the console light which now works, points out that someone has had a play around in this area.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Bummer from the sound of things.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Are you sure it came with the four zone? The rear air conditioning should be on the drivers side rear.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what it came with, but I can see the air intake in the trunk so I am assuming that it had 4 zone. Any idea on how to remove the rear side panel in the trunk?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Not sure what it came with, but I can see the air intake in the trunk so I am assuming that it had 4 zone. Any idea on how to remove the rear side panel in the trunk?

Is your a V10 UK Altitude model ?
If so they were delivered with 2 zone aircon.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I know is "2003 Touareg V10 Lux Tdi tip ",

Did the altitude come with the 4 zone controller and the rear air-conditioned in the boot/trunk.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Please take a picture of what you are talking about as far as "intake."

Easiest way to tell if your touareg had rear A/C, is look at the front doors. Open them. If you see a duct going from the inside of the door, from front to back, then it's only a two-zone. The four zones didn't have front door ducting.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Don't remove the build sticker in the boot but take a photo and use the codes to decipher what the car has been built with.

PlanetVAG.com - VW & Audi PR Code Search

If your VW dealer is close by, visit the service department and ask them to run off the build sheets, also called data sheets, for your car. Several pages of A4 will tell you a lot more.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, it looks like at some point that panel was taken out and replaced. You do have all the workings of the four zone without the controls. I'll look at my setup tomorrow morning and see if notice anything different, other than the obvious controls.

They may have installed the ducting in all the regs just for ease.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts