Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team, what are the main aftermarket companies that make Touareg-compatible 5x130 wheels? For example, I am coming from the Golf platform which has companies like VMR, Neuspeed, APR, etc that make the proper hub bore, use ball seat lugs, and set the offset + width to fill the wheel well better than OEM.

Golf’s OEM bore is 57.1, and the factory wheels are all ~ET49 with width 7-7.5”.

Neuspeeds/VMRs etc typically aim for 8-8.5” barrels with an offset of ET40-45. This fills the well out better without rubbing.

What would be the equivalent dimensions for a Touareg? Sorry, I know a lot going on here just trying to understand my options for a summer/winter set. My car comes with the 21” Mallorys. I will likely sell them for smaller wheels (19-20) for spring/summer/fall. Not into the cost of 21” tires and smaller wheel/more tire is typically better comfort + resistance to damage from potholes etc.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You don't have as many options for the Touareg as you did for the golf. You can also shop for Q7 and Cayenne rims as I believe they all use the same bolt pattern. Some options you have are Mansory/ Rinnspeed, Vorsteiner, and Avant Grade. I'm sure they're more options besides that but if you want high quality I'd suggest that.

You could also get nock off Porsche Cayenne rims off ebay, perfect for a winter set.

I have a pair of Vorsteniers on my Audi and they look and ride amazing, they ride just as good as OEM if not better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't have as many options for the Touareg as you did for the golf. You can also shop for Q7 and Cayenne rims as I believe they all use the same bolt pattern. Some options you have are Mansory/ Rinnspeed, Vorsteiner, and Avant Grade. I'm sure they're more options besides that but if you want high quality I'd suggest that.

You could also get nock off Porsche Cayenne rims off ebay, perfect for a winter set.

I have a pair of Vorsteniers on my Audi and they look and ride amazing, they ride just as good as OEM if not better.
Thanks, yeah I’d also be just as happy with OEM wheels I just don’t care for the 21” Mallories. I’m a big 5-spoke guy, those Porsche-looking 5-spokes the guy posted the other day are awesome but even bigger lol.

I actually do like the Lux wheels, maybe I’ll trade someone for those? Idk, options! Lol

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I’m getting Karthoum’s. Always been a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks, yeah I’d also be just as happy with OEM wheels I just don’t care for the 21” Mallories. I’m a big 5-spoke guy, those Porsche-looking 5-spokes the guy posted the other day are awesome but even bigger lol.

I actually do like the Lux wheels, maybe I’ll trade someone for those? Idk, options! Lol
Have you seen the Audi Peelers? It's something I could picture you liking since you like the lux wheels

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle registration plate
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
funny, I am not the biggest fan of peelers. I am pretty set on Khartoums... sourcing them will be easier said than done though
I'm not a fan of peelers either, expect on the A8...

The Khartoums will look really nice. What size are you thinking?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man six months ago I would have given you some lux wheels they were just taking up space in my shed and the wife wanted them gone. I will say this I went from factory 19s to 20x10.5 and the ride difference was more significant than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I went from a 275/55/19 pirelli scorpion Verdes to a 275/45/20 nitto 420v this tire has some sidewall give but a strong shoulder and it has some stretch on a 10.5" wide wheel. Compared to the pirelli which has a softer sidewall and is meant to be a good all around all season. Combine that with losing some sidewall and you have the slightest rougher ride. Not terrible in anyway though.

You for sure feel the road more now, roadway transitions, uneven road surfaces they are just a little more pronounced to me. 90% of people will never notice.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Hey team, what are the main aftermarket companies that make Touareg-compatible 5x130 wheels? For example, I am coming from the Golf platform which has companies like VMR, Neuspeed, APR, etc that make the proper hub bore, use ball seat lugs, and set the offset + width to fill the wheel well better than OEM.

Golf’s OEM bore is 57.1, and the factory wheels are all ~ET49 with width 7-7.5”.

Neuspeeds/VMRs etc typically aim for 8-8.5” barrels with an offset of ET40-45. This fills the well out better without rubbing.

What would be the equivalent dimensions for a Touareg? Sorry, I know a lot going on here just trying to understand my options for a summer/winter set. My car comes with the 21” Mallorys. I will likely sell them for smaller wheels (19-20) for spring/summer/fall. Not into the cost of 21” tires and smaller wheel/more tire is typically better comfort + resistance to damage from potholes etc.

2 things -

1- I have OEM 19" lux Everest wheels I'd sell you - pretty good shape

2- If you're buying aftermarket wheels for the Touareg, you're buying Porsche aftermarket wheels. If you spend less than $2500-3k they're pieces of trash (for 19"+). I'm not referring to the offroading wheels which can be had for less.

This is a good source of info on stock wheels,
Classic. Good move.

Reactions: JoshC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man six months ago I would have given you some lux wheels they were just taking up space in my shed and the wife wanted them gone. I will say this I went from factory 19s to 20x10.5 and the ride difference was more significant than I thought it would be.
ride difference in what sense? Comfort reduced?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Going from 19's to 20's is going to be a much more harsh, sporty ride no doubt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might actually like it just a little more since you have the factory 21s dropping down to a 20 would give you some more sidewall.

When shopping for wheels I quit searching for touareg options because honestly these things are still rare and my options seemed limited. Switched to looking for cayenne specs which fit us just fine and bam options opened up.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
You might actually like it just a little more since you have the factory 21s dropping down to a 20 would give you some more sidewall.

When shopping for wheels I quit searching for touareg options because honestly these things are still rare and my options seemed limited. Switched to looking for cayenne specs which fit us just fine and bam options opened up.
Yep. Like I said, look for cayenne wheels.

Reactions: Golf Wang and JoshC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 things -

1- I have OEM 19" lux Everest wheels I'd sell you - pretty good shape

2- If you're buying aftermarket wheels for the Touareg, you're buying Porsche aftermarket wheels. If you spend less than $2500-3k they're pieces of trash (for 19"+). I'm not referring to the offroading wheels which can be had for less.

Classic. Good move.
Hmmm, I’ll see if I can line up a buyer for the Mallories before I move forward with buying a different set of wheels. I am not in a big rush, just thinking ahead as the seller told me the tires have another 1 year/10K miles on them.
I'm not a fan of peelers either, expect on the A8...

The Khartoums will look really nice. What size are you thinking?
19” if available. Maybe 18... I’ve had 18’s on all my GTIs/Alltrack though and I feel 18 wouldn’t do it justice on the Touareg

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hmmm, I’ll see if I can line up a buyer for the Mallories before I move forward with buying a different set of wheels. I am not in a big rush, just thinking ahead as the seller told me the tires have another 1 year/10K miles on them.

19” if available. Maybe 18... I’ve had 18’s on all my GTIs/Alltrack though and I feel 18 wouldn’t do it justice on the Touareg
Two things, Yes you are correct 18's would look a bit small. 19's will be perfect.

Second, not sure if anyone has told you this yet but the Touareg's eat tires up. You're only going to get about 10-20k outta them. I needed tires right at the 10k mark as the where starting showing signs of going bald. Selling a pair of rims is also hard, you can't ship them because of the weight and how much they cost and it'll have to be local. I'd advise you take them off the car before you sell them. Because when you do get a buyer you'll want to sell them right away and not make them wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
See I've heard about the tire wear and just haven't really seen it yet. I have 30k on this set of nittos and the worst thing I noticed is the tires are chopping causing some road noise in between 75 and 85. Other than that cross rotate every 5k and turn the music up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts