Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of aftermarket HID and after installing them on the car, it does not work properly. Is there something wrong with how I installed them? One side goes on and sometimes the other side does not even work.

Is this normal?

· Registered
153 Posts
you do know the touaregs advanced lighting system only allows 70% of power to be directed to the daytime running lights. then when the headlights are turned on either automatically or by you they get full power. the point is is that you would have to know how to set up a relay and seperate power supply to make them work right. im surprised one sort of works at all.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the kit I got included the whole wiring kit and it did have a couple of relays too and even fuses!!!

I installed everything and at first it was working and when I turned the car on and off, one side didn't work. It was making me crazy!!!

Thanks for the info though

· Registered
448 Posts
HIDS

A lot of people have talked about this on another forum and since you are the first i have seen do this i would really like it if you could please take some pics if you are able to get them working with the vehicle.Plus let us know what type of kit you have gotten to let everyone else know.Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.