Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my stock base head unit in my Touareg and was wondering if any of you have any input as to what the best aftermarket head units currently are on the market. My only requirement is that the unit has Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capabilities.

Any thoughts on this unit: "Volkswagen Touareg Android 8.0 OS GPS Navigation Head Unit" from carnaviplayer.com?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to stick with the stock unit. It appears that all aftermarket units as of now come with some type of compromise (no steering functionality, speaker issues, etc.).

·
Registered
215 Posts
I actually purchased one from CarNaviplayer a month or two ago but recently had the time install it for my 2005 Touareg.
I actually purchased my first radio from them and Allen Wong was awesome! The first radio was great however, like everything else, the unit could no longer be updated because the hardware was not adiquite enough for the OS, therefore, the unit had outdated softwares that needed to be updated. So I decided to buy the latest radio which was basically plug and play.
Steering controls work, all speakers work, of course the info does not show on the screen in between the rpm and speedometer.
The wireless backup system that I had installed from the previous radio still works so I was happy about that but my only complaint is the lack of room I have in the back of the radio.righ now its super snug. I spent more time trying get the radio to snap in than to install it. I still dont know how im going to run the wires for the usb and andriod auto/carplay I temporarly ran the wires in the glove compartment through the opening where the light is but the light is now hanging.. other than that, the radio is faster that my previous and seems to work great as far as im concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts