Club Touareg Forum banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Geoff
I live in Australia and I see from this site you ship down under. I have a 2015 V6 150 TDI and was wondering if you have replacement front brake ceramic pads & rotors available for my vehicle?
regards
Ian

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just want to say Thank You Geoff for such wonderful service! This is actually my second time purchasing from him since April 2011. Yes, I've had his brakes since 2011. Let me be clear, I don't obviously drive as much you think, Sometimes on weekends and on occasions during the week for work driving about 10 miles in total but I really don't get much usage out of my T-Reg. Even for the amount of time, I would've changed the breaks by now but no, back in January 2019, my 05 V8 T-Reg was in the VW shop for a fuel part recall and decided Ill go for the 100k service and the technician mentioned that I still have about 1 year's worth on my current brake pads which is from 2011!. I'm not saying they would last you 8 years but you will definitely get your values worth on this brakes. Geoff has been nothing but amazing and made sure that I got all the parts needed for my T-Reg in which I've owned since 2010! I live in New York City and as many know, The New York City streets are brutal on any car, fortunately I will be moving to the suburbs in New Jersey in a month or two where the highways are a bit forgiving. I will be using my T-Reg more and figured this will be the perfect opportunity to have my 05 in top shape before the move. I know I will be using my car alot more since my base commute will be my car. However, as this car ages, not sure how much longer ill plan to own my T-Reg due to the the high cost maintenance on major parts, i've already shelled out $2200 on the timing belt and some other things. Who knows, I may just keep it as a spare but figured my next car would probably be another T-Reg or in the VW family like an Atlas (Not sure on that wish they bring back the T-reg to the states).

Anyway, I've been fortunate enough to find good people like Geoff who know about these cars and can provide discounts to parts. This has been my first foreign car coming from all American and i love it especially the T-Reg.,

Thanks to Geoffs prices on these quality brakes, don't see why anyone here would go get them elsewhere. I've been recently quoted for installation of new breaks and rotors front and back the cheapest being, $1100 and that's with mechanic that runs his own shop for VW repairs. The dealer, who quoted me $2,200.00 with a 10% discount! Both cases you're not 100% sure of the quality of the brakes that are installing unless you're right there watching them.

Take my word, treat yourself and find out how a valued customer is supposed to be treated and purchase from Geoff. Its a rarity to find such great service and will take the time to explain every detail of what you're ordering. A True honest to goodness salesman that really knows his products and won't sell you crap just to make the sale.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to stop by and show some gratitude. Been trying to get my brakes in tip top shape and was just curious about different pricing on pads. Gave Geoff a ring on what I thought would be a couple minute call which turned into about 45 minutes of him sharing knowledge, providing recommendations, and pointing me in the right direction for my current troubleshooting.

Geoff is a stand up guy with quality products and instead of pushing them on me like most would, he took time to brake it down and actually recommended I ride out my current brakes a bit more before coming back to him to get the real deal.

When I'm ready for new brakes for my Treg this is the only place I will be going.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To all those wondering if this route is the way you should go for replacement brakes...the answer is an emphatic YES!!!

My experience with Geoff has been nothing but exceptional. What a wealth of knowledge he is regarding quality brake parts.

I bought my first set of replacement pads from Geoff back in Oct. 2014 when my 08 V6 T-reg had ~80,000 mi. on it (we bought it with 60,000 mi.). Well...here we are in July 2019 and the T-reg now has 153,000 mi. and I have just ordered my second replacement kit with the Raybestos pads. We noticed a significant reduction in brake dust when switching to these pads and I hope to get another ~75,000 mi. out of this set as well!

This time I purchased the tool kit as well and I am going to try installing them myself.

Thanks Geoff!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished the 4 wheel brake job with the full package of parts from Geoff for my 2007 Touareg with 121k miles. He took the time to explain everything to me about the quality of the parts, tools needed, and especially letting me know that I needed to do all 4 at the same time not just the fronts. I hate to admit it but my old brakes have vibrated for years. They actually were not completely worn out even with over 60k miles on them but the rotors have been scored as long as I can remember. More recently its been very bad when highway braking. I think the previous owner replaced the pads only at 60k and 3 years old. The Touareg brake job is actually not that hard. I did one wheel at a time in my driveway with jacks. Would have been a breeze with a lift. We have a local shop that rents out lift time for $25 an hour. Could have got the job done in 2 hours with a lift since each step could be repeated around the vehicle. 5 hours here on the ground completing one at a time. Hardest parts? Putting the wheels back on and getting the wear sensor connector off. Large bolts on the calipers were tough but my Ryobi Impact Driver made fast work of those. So much easier to get the whole package of parts and specialty tools from Geoff than trying to shop for the stuff myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased front and rear brake pads, rotors, hardware kits, 14 mm triple square socket and even HID replacement headlight bulbs from Geoff Rosenberg at [email protected].

What a great transaction. Geoff is pleasant to do business with. He included the VW install information, too. In addition, Geoff says he's always available for questions :)

Oh, and my entire order was carrefully boxed up and contained all the parts required for a complete brake job on my 2014 Touareg R-Line.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Geoff always provided the materials for my different Touaregs and most recently for my Audi Q7. He always provides great materials at very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My wife just picked up a 4-wheel complete brake kit for her 2015 TDI.

Pagid rotors. Raybestos pads, the brake pins, sensors and clips, even the brake grease for the edges of the pads that contact the calipers.

The job is very easy and it only took me a couple of hours to do both the fronts and I will so the rears either sometime this upcoming weekend or next week sometime. If there are two things that are just tricky they are removing/separating the male end of the wheel sensor from the female end of the harness/vehicle end, and the allen bolt that holds the hard line to the vehicle as it is in a blind hole but otherwise, just two big bolts to remove the caliper, one torx bolt to hold the rotor onto the hub and it all goes swimmingly.

Thanks to Geoff for putting the complete kit together, at a great price.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Oh yeah, for just under $800 for all the front and rear brake parts, the deal is fantastic as there was no way I wanted to source all the parts myself.

Never mind that the local VW dealer wanted at least $1,400 for the total job. I saved at least $600 doing the labor/work myself.

561 - 570 of 570 Posts