Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I drove the R5 for 20 days just recently. The brakes do not compare to the regular Touareg brakes :(

They are from the Eurovan. I can't confirm part numbers, but they looked just like the ones from my '95 Transporter based Eurovan and the guys from Germany I was with confirmed that the R5 get's Eurovan parts for brakes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got rear pads and front rotors from these folks last week. Very prompt shipping, great packaging, good quality stuff and VERY friendly on the phone. So far, dust seems about on par with factory (Pagid) and the rotors felt (As if you can feel the hardness rating of rotors) the same and scratched the same on the hub as the factory. All in all, at 1/2 the price of Brembo or VW, I'm VERY happy. The Touareg is also very happy as evidenced buy the higher pedal action and complete lack of squeel.

Cheers!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just as a side note, get the sensors ahead of time, or be prepared to tie the ends together. The carbon ends they use were basically glued to the pads and removing them in reusable shape was out of the question. $20 per corner list, I got'em for 40 for the whole set.

Also, clean the pins that hold the pad spring down WELL before trying to remove it if you intend to reuse (No reason not to). It will come out a WHOLE lot easier.

One last tip, when re-inserting the pin, it has a slight bevel on the outside end that will get caught up on the spring, so press the spring down prior to inserting the last inch of the pin.

Hope these help,

Eric

·
Registered
124 Posts
On my 2nd set from Geoff. Good guy, great product. He really cares to make sure what he sells for us is up to or beyound what the dealer has for us. You don't have to skimp and try to cut corners, he's got the price to a point where you replace everything as intended by Brembo and VW.

Two big thumbs up!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts