Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Q - two questions since i know i am going to be odering in a few months...

1. Have the rear rotors arrived yet?

2. What is the differance between the AIMCO Super Premium vs. Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads, i know it's only $25, but noise/squeal is a big problem with the way my wife drives, so what are the benifits to each.

thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
453 Posts
I recently had a brake job done and I purchased my parts from Geoff. I can’t thank him enough for his service.

Big thanks to Geoff at www.alretta.com for his helpfulness and very reasonably priced products.

Second big thanks to Tim at www.tomassporttuning.com also for doing my brake job! (bay area shop)

I highly recommend both of these sources for a cheap(er) brake job on the Touareg!

To compare the Aimco pads and rotors to the OEM: I would say that they are about even. The Aimco products DO NOT squeak and squeal! However they do not have as much bite when cold. After the first two stop signs in my neighborhood (2-3 blocks of driving) they are grabbing just as hard, if not harder then the OEM brakes. Brake pedal feel is also much better. I do not have the jerking stop feel any more, my stops are smooth and quite!

Thought I should add... I saved $1,000 give or take $10 from the dealers quote!

Alex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts