Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 VW Touareg V8
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been flipping new trucks for the past 20 years - basically buying new or 1 year old and driving them less than 5k miles a year. Never was upside down but after trading in a 2018 Chevy Colorado for a 2020 Toyota Tacoma and regretting it - I was hit by a 81 yr old (residential road) and somehow the Taco was totaled. Learned this from insurance co on Friday, was looking at what I may want to buy and late that Friday I found a 2005 VW Touareg V8 posted by a VW gear head.

bought it Saturday and now looking to pick up where he left off.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,081 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. Looks like you picked up a nice clean ride. Hope it was a good choice for you.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
As above the key item on your V8 is knowing with absolute certainty that the timing belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat have been replaced on time - that's every 80,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

If the belt breaks the engine is toast as others who didn't change the belt and other service parts on time have discovered.

Also do take the time to read this thread so you know the common issues. It could save you money at some stage.

·
Registered
2005 VW Touareg V8
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Timing belt been replaced????

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
yep,and the drive shaft and new brakes. I just did the lower control arms on the front and the outer tie ends. I did brake flush and oil change and tires are cheap but 10k miles on them so I’ll try and hold off replacing.

adding the HengCheng S9 Pro headunit (ive been spoiled with android auto and Apple CarPlay for nearly 6 years now), and otherwise I’ll be picking up salvage / used / or replacement switches and things as I find them at a decent price to get it nearly perfect. At the same time I’m happy to have a vehicle I’m not making a payment on and will be willing to treat it accordingly :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Nice looking Tacoma what a shame

1 - 9 of 9 Posts