Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a new member and have registered to ask users for their opinion.

I want to buy a used 2015 R Line (UK based). I test drove one and their are many reasons I love this car. But, I have some concerns, hoping to get a real users view.

The R Line felt quite a firm ride. Would adding air suspension make it ride like an SE? Important for me, I have a bad back.

I only got 27mpg on a short run, along some A roads and a few hills, what could I reasonably expect on average, base on Motorway and A Road use?

I hear I can't get real time traffic via the sat nav unless I plug in a data sim, which then disables Bluetooth for hands free. Is there a way around it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
984 Posts
The R-Line does have firmer, lower suspension than the SE, assuming steel suspension on both - air suspension on the SE is superb giving a very comfortable ride but with the ability to be lowered with firmer damping at the touch of a switch.

There do seem to be a few complaints about seat comfort on the standard seats but none on the upgraded ones.

Your problem buying used is that 90% of UK Touaregs are R-Line with just 5% each as SE or Escape - compound that with air suspension being like rocking horse droppings.

The 2014-on Touareg is Euro 6 and fuel consumption seems to be 10% down on the 2010-2013 model - many of us are struggling to get our average over 30mpg Imperial - at legal motorway speeds I can't get better than 34.

There are some issues over connectivity - join the MyTreg UK forum for further details myTreg forums

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BG.

So do you reckon I'll get a softer ride on the R Line with air suspension. I'm hoping that will counteract the firmer ride?

As I suspected on the mpg, but I guess not too bad for the weight.

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
984 Posts
Thanks BG.

So do you reckon I'll get a softer ride on the R Line with air suspension. I'm hoping that will counteract the firmer ride?

As I suspected on the mpg, but I guess not too bad for the weight.

Cheers
Mike
Checking through the specs, the R-Line isn't lower than SE, just stiffer.

Only a test drive will tell you - but of course the R-Line has bigger rims, 20" or more, than the SE on 19" - which won't help ride comfort - try to find examples with standard and upgrade seats if you can.

There's a few R-Lines with air suspension on Autotrader - if you're searching look at the photos of the centre console, if it's got two dials between the gear lever and cup holders, it's got air suspension - if it's only got one, it hasn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts