Club Touareg Forum banner

Adding subs and amp without dynaudio

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  suzy1052 
#1 ·
I am adding two JL tw3's and a JL 500/1 to my 2011 TDI without Dynaudio. I had previously done the mod VCDS mod so the system thinks it is. When I was talking with a shop they told me that in order to hook up the amp I would have to revert back to no Dynaudio because of the EQ Curve and it would mess things up. But if I do that then I will have alot of bass but the words will be very low(as we all know). So then they suggested adding a 4 channel amp for the door speakers to bring up the volume. Has anyone else gone through this and is this the option?

#4 ·
Using an Alpine KTP-445U spliced inline with a VW style quadlock adapter so no splicing into vehicle harness. The stock amp just makes it louder just not as clean. Everything tucked away in rear hatch on the right side next to actual HU where there is a shelf you can sit it on. Now don't get me wrong it by no means sound like you're at the club but I can turn it 80% of full volume before it starts chopping. That's pretty damn loud with the recoding. All ranges sound clean and clear. I have heard but cannot verify that the non Dyna speakers are the same as the Dyna just no grille badge but at any rate the regular speakers can handle a lot. Unfortunately even after recoding you are still only able to adjust the treble and bass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.