Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 touareg that doesnt have tpms on the tires. How difficult is this to add? Can I just install the tpms sensors in the tires and then make a change in vag-com? Or is it more complicated than that? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You would need the TPMS module thats attached to the lower left A pillar, 4 antennas and 4 sensors at each corner, wiring, and vcds coding.

Much simpler and easier to check your tire pressures every so ofter.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Or buy an aftermarket kit the next time you buy a new set of 4 tires so the new sensors and valves can be fitted during the change of rubber.

There used to be valve cap pressure indicators.

You set the pressures correctly, then screwed the caps on the tops of which would then show green.

If the pressure dropped the green would be replaced by red.

Of course these only work when you walk round the car!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Xiaomi are making one. Not tested it myself. Mine has the module and I just bought the sensors and the programmer and will be mounting them soon with the wheels/tyres.
Check this video: They are available on aliexpress and maybe amazon.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Or buy an aftermarket kit the next time you buy a new set of 4 tires so the new sensors and valves can be fitted during the change of rubber. There used to be valve cap pressure indicators. You set the pressures correctly, then screwed the caps on the tops of which would then show green. If the pressure dropped the green would be replaced by red. Of course these only work when you walk round the car!
There are better solutions than that. For ex. I've bought one of these: CARCHET TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System with 4 External Sensors Cigarette Lighter The display unit fits perfectly and is at just the right angle when put into the normally hidden cigarette lighter socket that's right under the climatronic unit.

The system works flawlessly, sensors have good battery time, and the display shows the pressure fairly accurately. However, it's still a PITA to remove them every time when you've to put some air in the tires. Well, at least if you also have the theft-resistant nuts installed anyway.

If this doesn't bother you or you think you can use it also without the special nuts, then this product is definitely what you're looking for. It costs the fraction of the factory unit, and works at least as good if not better than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts