Club Touareg Forum banner

Add DSP to Dynaudio

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  lifeisabeach 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any luck adding DSP to Dynaudio?

The older RNS850 firmware had more manual control over sound than the newer firmware appears to.

I recently was in a car with great bass, and realized that as great as the Dynaudio sounds it lacks bass.

Curious if there is a way to add a Sub DSP or to replace the factory amp with a DSP unit to customize the sound.

I have read about Match DSP in non Dynaudio. My issue is that I have factory Dynaudio, so I presume the amp can't be swapped out without causing coding issues. I also have no room in the factory location of the amp as I have a trailer package occupying one shelf and presumably the factory amp occupying the other.

Just curious if there are good options to add a sub and retune the factory DSP or if I can replace the factory amp with an aftermarket DSP unit.

Just thinking out loud here...

See less See more
#5 ·
I think part of the problem is with the fact that Dynaudio uses the MOST optical databus to send audio to the factory amp.

Currently there is not a compatible adapter to go MOST to analog to the Match DSP. To me it really makes no sense to go digital -> analog -> distal DSP -> analog speakers

I have found the issue to be the audio tracks not providing enough bass to Dynaudio not Dynaudio

Try a track that has been remixed for bass (from YouTube etc).

The Dynaudio to me (Non Audiophile) sounds pretty good with the right input track.

I have also found that a Bluetooth connection from a phone will give surround sound and on iPhone I can set EQ settings per Bluetooth device. So I can turn the bass EQ up for all audio coming from the iPhone.

Might be worth giving that a try.

#6 ·
May be my job can be of interest to you:

#8 ·
Yes, this is the most reliable way of doing that.
There is also one that is sold by AUDISON and that can be interfaced to the Bit Ten D DSP (even if your link seems much cheaper).
There might be aneed for recoding but it is an easy stuff if you have a VAG cable.

#10 ·
Well , I said the same before to start.
It was the first time for me and I was alone with my wife shouting behind me ...
It took some months (in the free time) but at the end I managed :)

#11 ·
that MOST fiber adapter is definitely the one used on the 1st gen 955 and 957 BOSE cayenne. Ive installed a few android units on the porsche PCM. I dont think it will work with the RNS - but I could be wrong. the layout of the RNS 850 is completely different from earlier porsche PCM and touareg RNS-510

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.