Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck adding DSP to Dynaudio?

The older RNS850 firmware had more manual control over sound than the newer firmware appears to.

I recently was in a car with great bass, and realized that as great as the Dynaudio sounds it lacks bass.

Curious if there is a way to add a Sub DSP or to replace the factory amp with a DSP unit to customize the sound.

I have read about Match DSP in non Dynaudio. My issue is that I have factory Dynaudio, so I presume the amp can't be swapped out without causing coding issues. I also have no room in the factory location of the amp as I have a trailer package occupying one shelf and presumably the factory amp occupying the other.

Just curious if there are good options to add a sub and retune the factory DSP or if I can replace the factory amp with an aftermarket DSP unit.

Just thinking out loud here...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had exactly the same thoughts.
I have not seen any specifics as to why a Match DSP won't work with the Dynaudio. Can anyone tell me why that is? Is it just the number of channels? The Match PP 86DSP has nine channels if that's the case.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think part of the problem is with the fact that Dynaudio uses the MOST optical databus to send audio to the factory amp.

Currently there is not a compatible adapter to go MOST to analog to the Match DSP. To me it really makes no sense to go digital -> analog -> distal DSP -> analog speakers

I have found the issue to be the audio tracks not providing enough bass to Dynaudio not Dynaudio

Try a track that has been remixed for bass (from YouTube etc).

The Dynaudio to me (Non Audiophile) sounds pretty good with the right input track.

I have also found that a Bluetooth connection from a phone will give surround sound and on iPhone I can set EQ settings per Bluetooth device. So I can turn the bass EQ up for all audio coming from the iPhone.

Might be worth giving that a try.

·
Registered
132 Posts
May be my job can be of interest to you:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, this is the most reliable way of doing that.
There is also one that is sold by AUDISON and that can be interfaced to the Bit Ten D DSP (even if your link seems much cheaper).
There might be aneed for recoding but it is an easy stuff if you have a VAG cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
miazza
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing