Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2106 Exec with ACC and it is nice, but there is no auto resume function with it. When the Touareg stops, you have to manually resume cruise no matter the duration of the stop. This is far less generous than other makes which have various grace periods of a few seconds at least. This must be limited by software and not hardware. Is there a known setting to enable auto resume?

Thanks,
Stu

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you are following a vehicle that stops it should resume on its own. I have only done it once as its really freaky to sit stopped without your foot on the pedal.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think what he means is after it comes to a complete stop, after about 2 seconds the car beeps and tells you to put your foot on the brake and wants you to take over. I'm not sure there's a way to change this setting unfortunately. I am anxious to know myself for my ACC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no beeps on mine after it stops, it just won't move again until I tap the accelerator. Then it resumes ACC. It doesn't matter if the duration of the stop is half a second or 5 minutes. It seems that a reasonable allowance should be made for brief stops as other makes have made.

Stu

·
Registered
327 Posts
There are no beeps on mine after it stops, it just won't move again until I tap the accelerator. Then it resumes ACC. It doesn't matter if the duration of the stop is half a second or 5 minutes. It seems that a reasonable allowance should be made for brief stops as other makes have made.

Stu
Exactly how I have it with mine as well :eek:

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,317 Posts
That's interesting, i am certain there is a grace period, not all the time i have to tap the pedal to resume acc.
I will report details after the next drive, analysis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.