Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had seen a thread discussing whether the dealers were supposed to be providing free AdBlue during the life of the extended emissions system warranty. But now I can't find it. Apparently my Google-fu is weak today...

The Settlement agreement says they will, but some members stated it was only for people who owned the vehicle pre-recall, that it didn't apply to vehicles first sold until after the fix had been applied. They argued it was only for existing owners who had been inconvenienced by VW's illegal actions.

But the warranty book included with my CPO 2016 TDI Lux that I purchased Saturday does not say that at all, to the contrary it states that the warranty is fully transferable to new owners. My interpretation of that is ALL of the warranty, services and fixes are transferred to subsequent owners.

Am I right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes.

"AdBlue refillings will be offered free of charge between service intervals" for the life of the extended emissions warranty.

The rationale is that a full AdBlue tank was intended to last between oil changes. However, with the emissions fix it does not last that long. Therefore you get refills to partially make up for your inconvenience.

The rub (for me) is the VW dealer requires a service appointment simply to refill the tank. I can't just drive in and ask for a refill.

Given that DEF is dirt cheap at Walmart, it's a lot less hassle to DIY.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer said if it is filled while in for an oil change, then it is NOT covered. For any other service or just to fill it up, then it is covered.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer said if it is filled while in for an oil change, then it is NOT covered. For any other service or just to fill it up, then it is covered.
That's my read of the settlement too. It specifically says-

"AdBlue® re-fillings will also be offered free of charge between service intervals..."

The key phrase in that sentence being "between service intervals".

So that is actually pretty cool if it is needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer didn't believe me at first...but once I should them to VW settlement docs...no problem. They have to code it a different way, VW treats it as a warranty repair apparently. My question is, why did they not know and why has not one asked about it? I see plenty of TDi's around when I am there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing