Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. We have been without our 2012 Touareg for 3 months now. We have been to 2 different VW dealerships had both front and rear nox sensors replaced nox catalyst and the dealer is still unable to get the adblue light to turn off. They have been back and forth with VW tech support multiple times emptied and cleaned the tank but still can not figure out why it will not turn off. We are about $4500 into fix and still nothing! Has anyone else experienced this. VERY frustrating!!

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,274 Posts
2012 TDI. $4500 spent?

Why is this not being fixed under the extended diesel emission warranty?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Sounds like it's time to move to another dealership or call Volkswagen of America. There are very few techs that know how to work on these advanced cars and clearly nobody at the current dealership knows how to.

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,274 Posts
OP states he has already been to two VW dealers. However, that does not mean that he as seen a proper TDI tech. As VFL points out, there are very few techs that know how to fix the TDI.

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
902 Posts
My was very new (2013 TDI) and the software was re flashed to correct the low AdBlue warning that would not go away. As far as I know nothing was replaced. They had mine for a couple days. It had been in for a 10K scheduled service, and they were supposed to fill the AdBlue, the light came on a while after having service, then I took it back, they said it was fixed, but after picking it up the second time, it came right back about a mile or two from the dealership. Third time was the charm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like it's time to move to another dealership or call Volkswagen of America. There are very few techs that know how to work on these advanced cars and clearly nobody at the current dealership knows how to.
We have been to 2 dealerships who have also been talking with Volkswagen of America and their service techs. No one can figure it out. He has filed a case with VW as well. Everyone is aware of our issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2010. The dash started showing "800 Miles until no restart" so I filled it up and it went away. 3 to 4 days later it came back on with "600 Miles" so I went to fill it again and it only took about a quart before it was filled to the top but this time the warning didn't go away. My dealership went through the same scenario of calling VWoA support. Their plan was to try and force another code by driving it more (uh ok) and they ended up putting almost 200 miles on it to no avail. They were eventually able to make something happen and replaced a NOX sensor (i believe) but when I was checking out the service advisor leaned toward me and said "FYI, it's going to come back and we're pretty sure we know what it is but VWoA said if the error cleared to send it out" I said if it does i'll be back. That was a Friday. Sunday when I went to run errands it came up again and Monday I went to the dealer. The best/funniest part of this was that the service advisor already had the paperwork ready and my loaner pulled up :ROFLMAO:.

Short story long they replaced the AdBlue injector on the 2nd visit and it's been fine ever since. One thing I did notice when I had it from Friday to Monday was it seemed to have more pep and I also had another entry in the MFi for the AdBlue remaining distance. When I got it back the second time that MFi entry was gone and it lost the extra pep I noticed...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts