Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up to much Adblue today. Anyone in Ottawa want a 2.5 US gallon jug or maybe 2. Let me know?
I have 2 spare jugs. July 2011 date code.

$13.50 each or $27.00 for both jugs.

Thought I would use 5 gallons in 12-13k km. Not even close. Did not make to 2.5 gallons. This stuff lasts longer than expected.

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Mine took 3 gallons a few weeks ago, but I did over 4K miles in a week with traveling back and forth from UT to PA. It really does not use that much. I had 17K on mine when I put that much in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine took 3 gallons a few weeks ago, but I did over 4K miles in a week with traveling back and forth from UT to PA. It really does not use that much. I had 17K on mine when I put that much in.
Is that 17k miles for 3 gallons?

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
That is what I added to mine at that mileage. I had 3 gallons of it given to me for helping someone out with some VAG work in SLC. I don't know if the dealer put in any at 10K or not. I know they did at 5K.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
If you still have a jug I need some...

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
AdBlue is Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), it is a 32% Urea in water solution that is used in the exhaust catalytic converters of 2009 and later (depending on manufacturer) diesel engines to react with nitrous oxides (NOx) and convert them to N2 (nitrogen) and water. It is designed to reduce the NOx out the tailpipe of diesels to acceptable limits (not zero).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts