Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I will try and take some screenshots at one point and see if I can point out what I did.
Not sure I would go out on a limb like that on two different faults.
Do you mind posting the procedure you used to restart your 7P Touareg?
Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes we get free adblue as part of the settlement. Any time its low just swing by the dealer. Oil changes they top it off too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had mine in for the AK service and asked for Ad-Blue fill up. They didn't know about it, didn't do it, wouldn't do it when I asked as I picked it up. VW dealers SUCK. It's just easier to do it on my own.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My Volkswagen dealer has been top notch in every way for me. Just bring in the official memo and then thank them for their time for filling your DEF.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Everyone should get a copy of that memo and keep it in the glove box. That way when you a find a dealer that does not know about it, you show them the memo. The dealer can quickly verify it with VW. The dealer will also find out the VW will give them some small warranty reimbursement money for the refill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone else had trouble getting dealers to do the free top off? Once, I was told there would be an hour and a half wait because there were 3 cars ahead of mine. Another time the dealer told me I needed to come back with an appointment. A third time they did it for free, but gave me a hard time and said I must of not had it topped off at the last service and I shouldn't let it get low enough for the warning to come on... what??

I've had a couple good experiences too where they just do on the spot, but I get the feeling that dealers are trying to make free AdBlue more of hassle than its worth. Definitely good advice to keep the warranty book in the car with you.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, Dealers claim the memo is incorrect or doesn't apply. It's not worth the hassle for me, I just fill it up myself.
On another note, you can currently get 10L (~2.5 gallons) of VW AdBlue from FCP Euro for $8. Cheaper than I can find it around town. I ordered 40 liters. FedEx delivery person wasn't happy, but I am :)
Has anyone else had trouble getting dealers to do the free top off? Once, I was told there would be an hour and a half wait because there were 3 cars ahead of mine. Another time the dealer told me I needed to come back with an appointment. A third time they did it for free, but gave me a hard time and said I must of not had it topped off at the last service and I shouldn't let it get low enough for the warning to come on... what??

I've had a couple good experiences too where they just do on the spot, but I get the feeling that dealers are trying to make free AdBlue more of hassle than its worth. Definitely good advice to keep the warranty book in the car with you.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Volkswagen will top DEF off for free at any time - no appointment needed. Was traveling to Pittsburgh once and out of nowhere got the dreaded DEF countdown. I stopped at the nearest dealership and they filled it up without issue.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Correct. I had a dealer in Utah fill it for me once as I was trailering past...in and out, right off the exit...no charge.

Although my dealer charges for DEF refills when I am doing an oil change, etc....I pay about a 15.00 premium over cost to do it myself.

A NOX sensor just faulted at 76000 miles, so that will be replaced. Other than that, despite Dieselgate, it's been smooth sailing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Holy Def Usage Batman! o_O

No wonder people wanted a Def fill port beside the fuel cap!
Has anyone been able to source and install a DEF fill next to the fuel fill in a T3? My '15 Sportwagen has the fill port next to the fuel fill and it's so easy to do. I do NOT enjoy emptying out the trunk and removing the spare tire each time. And it's easy to spill the stuff down in the black abyss. I'll even pay shipping from Europe if anyone finds a part to fit. TIA.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't carry a spare and keep the cargo floor empty-ish when towing. I just got a DEF filler funnel that is supposed to lock-on like the VW bottles, has an overfill preventer and shut-off valve. I'll post an update when I need to fill.
I agree a DEF fill in the fuel filler area would be ideal. Until then... gotta make do.
Has anyone been able to source and install a DEF fill next to the fuel fill in a T3? My '15 Sportwagen has the fill port next to the fuel fill and it's so easy to do. I do NOT enjoy emptying out the trunk and removing the spare tire each time. And it's easy to spill the stuff down in the black abyss. I'll even pay shipping from Europe if anyone finds a part to fit. TIA.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A NOX sensor just faulted at 76000 miles, so that will be replaced. Other than that, despite Dieselgate, it's been smooth sailing.
There's a new recall for that. The sensor is fine, but it reports a false fault condition. Mine reported a fault and I had it replaced under warranty, and a couple weeks later I got the recall notice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Towed 3000 lb Scamp from Florida to California and back. Added about 2 gallons in Albuquerque and about the same when I got home. 7300 miles total wander
ing around the southwest and seeing the sights.
Wonderful trip and a great combination for travel. Spent over two months on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
There's a new recall for that. The sensor is fine, but it reports a false fault condition. Mine reported a fault and I had it replaced under warranty, and a couple weeks later I got the recall notice.
no recall on my end...dealer loaned me a new Q3 to run around in while they swapped out a NOX sensor...$0.00 to me. $598.00 to VW under warranty

41 - 55 of 55 Posts