Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2019 model Touareg R-Line the Adaptive Cruise Control and associated functions has an intermittent fault - in that it stops functioning. The dealership advise that there is not a "software fix" available from VW! I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM VW UK as to when and if this will ever be repaired. This has been going on since October 2019. Are there similar problems elsewhere?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2016 TDI Lux will disengage randomly and a couple of message flash on the screen. It takes stopping, shutting it off and turning it back on to get it to work again. No idea why. At first I thought it may be an insect hitting the foremost sensor on the bumper, but not sure yet. Looking forward to hearing from others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue is that the dealership has found the fault code and passed it to VW UK but there is no software fix available to rectify the fault. I have asked if and when the primary safety feature on a top of the range car will ever be fixed, but despite speaking to Customer Care on several occasions and registering a letter to VW UK I can't get a response. In an 18 month period I have had 2 VW ex-management Touaregs; my wife has just bought a new T-Cross and my daughter bought a new Tiguan - all in 18 months. Customer Care - Zero. I should make it clear that I do not blame the dealership. In fact they are embarrased and realise they are about to lose a good customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. R-line tech. No ACC, lane control, front assist, headlight assist. VW advise “working on a software fix”. Codes reset to clear, radar calibration reqd as part of process. 2 days without vehicle. Dealer equally emabarrased as unable to fix, unknown when it will occur again. :-(

·
Registered
19 Posts
My ACC had an error yesterday too. I had three faults.
ACC, lane guidance and I can’t remember the third.
I had to turn off the car and back on again for it to clear.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,007 Posts
My ACC had an error yesterday too. I had three faults.
ACC, lane guidance and I can’t remember the third.
I had to turn off the car and back on again for it to clear.
2020 Touareg.
Hi Blade,
That's one to be taking back to the dealership as a warranty issue - Immediately.

·
Registered
MY18 - Black V6 TDI Touareg
71 Posts
Wondering how far back this issue goes.
Mine is a MY18 7P and I have this issue once so far...
I did not notice any codes, but the whole ACC just ceased working mid trip with a message on the screen.
Stopped turned off the car and restarted issue gone. Annoying but I didn't think much more about it at the time.
I guess I am just happy the the system was built by VW and not Microsoft :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts