Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I upgraded my navi radio with the aux adapter. I found it on Amazon, it was 8 dollars and came with a headphones plug on the other end. I can now directly connect my phone to it, obviously no control, but I can listen to my music! It sounds great! The keys were $5 dollars and it took two days to get here! I totally recommend it to anyone who wants to listen to another music source, and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I'll get the link to Amazon if anyone is interested!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Today, I upgraded my navi radio with the aux adapter. I found it on Amazon, it was 8 dollars and came with a headphones plug on the other end. I can now directly connect my phone to it, obviously no control, but I can listen to my music! It sounds great! The keys were $5 dollars and it took two days to get here! I totally recommend it to anyone who wants to listen to another music source, and doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I'll get the link to Amazon if anyone is interested!

Happen to have a link to the one you bought?
Seems like you and I are the only one's still chasing a solution to the old cd nav system...lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Happen to have a link to the one you bought?
Seems like you and I are the only one's still chasing a solution to the old cd nav system...lol

I've ordered one from Amazon and one from eBay. The eBay one also has a micro usb adapter to supposedly charge a phone.
If this works I seriously may start looking at moving the head unit and installing a tablet since it will work with the 3.5 mil and micro usb.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry for blowing up your thread.
Also laying here thinking about taking it to a buddies house for a weekend. Use his garage and just start ripping things out and installing everything new.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi.. does this work only for the Navi version or would it work for any Touareg radio? I've got the basic Delta CD\Radio and I would like to add an adapter to play music from my phone. So far the only compatible adapter I've found is one by GTA and it costs $104, but it includes Bluetooth too.

Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Volkswagen Touareg 2002-2010 | GTA Car Kits
I believe it works but you lose your cd changer.
And not 100% sure on which steering wheel functions still work afterward.
From everything I've read and watched on YouTube this is probably the best kit to use in our touareg.
As far as the op's part that he's using, your head unit needs to have the 18 pin port on the back to plug one of these into.
Best of luck to you

·
Registered
108 Posts
Works great. Easy to install. Just have to have the keys

Yep, have a set that I keep in the glove box.
This factory stereo has me wishing that I would have gone with the 2010 v6 model that I was looking at. I wanted some of the other options though that my 05 v8 has. The air suspension and the v8 power.
I'll just suck it up and eventually replace everything in it with new stuff.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, have a set that I keep in the glove box.
This factory stereo has me wishing that I would have gone with the 2010 v6 model that I was looking at. I wanted some of the other options though that my 05 v8 has. The air suspension and the v8 power.
I'll just suck it up and eventually replace everything in it with new stuff.

I feel the exact same way. I purposely got the air ride and V8

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wouldn't you know it, got my adapter yesterday. Plugged it in, it's bad. The wires are very loose and it won't stay connected.
Got another one today that's better quality. I'll throw it in tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts