Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I have an Adblue tank buried somewhere under my spare tyre. Its amazing what you find out if you read your manual.
So does anyone have any idea of KMs travelled before it needs refilling.:confused:

·
Registered
907 Posts
You do ???
I'll check physically first as I was under the impression that the Australian market had not gone down that path yet.
My Q3 is suppose to get refilled at the annual/15K service. Lucky if I make to 8 to 9K.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
Apparently I have an Adblue tank buried somewhere under my spare tyre. Its amazing what you find out if you read your manual.
So does anyone have any idea of KMs travelled before it needs refilling.:confused:
So far, my V6 TDI is using a litre of Adblue every 400 miles (640 km) - the tank is 19.5 litres - in the UK, VW sell Adblue in 1.89 / 5.0 / 10.0 containers, the 1.89 screwing straight onto the filler but a hose, part # 000 012 499 is needed for the 5 / 10 litre containers, same part as used by Audi.

Adblue, an international standard specification, is available elsewhere - the containers don't fit the hose, but easy enough to get one VW container and then refill where-ever available.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,197 Posts
There's two versions of Adblue fitted to Touareg - Euro 5 (2011-2013 model years in Europe) and Euro 6 (2014-on model years in Europe) - both systems give a reminder to refill when 1000 miles left and a constant countdown from 400 miles downwards - the difference being that if it actually runs out, the Euro 5 will just not inject any more but the Euro 6 will prevent the engine being restarted!

I'm aware that Australia uses Euro emissions standards but implements them later than Europe so I don't know how your Touaregs will be specified.

·
Registered
236 Posts
OK So one should not believe every thing one reads!!!!!
You are reading a multi national owners manual that covers all Vw Touaregs add blue is not here yet in the Touareg I don't think it will be long though
Colin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts