Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2015 Touareg TDI. Ad blue tank filled after every oil change.+-5000miles
today got car won’t start in 150 miles.
Brought to dealer got codes p207f and p20f4. They drained and filled tank and reset codes, got back in car at dealer and error message still there. Now they say I need to get software update from germany. I have 144k on vehicle and they told me it was not on warranty.
but I brought the car in July 2021 for same issue at 118k miles. Should I get in touch with VWOA? I paid over 500 dollars today. Is the engine light related to the adBlue light. The engine light did come on a day earlier. Also when VW was inspecting my car, both rear coils are broke! Thanks for any insight.
jim
Speedometer Car Trip computer Odometer Motor vehicle

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,153 Posts
Did they check and rule out the sensor gone wrong? That's what appears to be the cause...can't see how a software upgrade is the issue when it was running fine with the same software for so long.

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Rear coils breaking is somewhat common in these. I would replace all 4 w/ OEM.

When exactly did your emissions warranty run out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will find out Monday, if don’t trade it by then
Rear coils breaking is somewhat common in these. I would replace all 4 w/ OEM.

When exactly did your emissions warranty run out?
warranty until 120k and now have 144k. I did have the same issue in 7/21 mileage was 118k. I will be in contact VWOA.
My front coils from inspection were fine. Anyone know if a def delete in NH is legal.? Here is a coil. And codes from vw
Automotive tire Tool Bumper Wood Automotive wheel system

Font Material property Paper Design Clipboard

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
That coil break is common.

Def delete federally illegal not idea what your emissions inspections look like.

How do you know emissions warranty ends 120k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts