Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been trying to find and remove the right hand actuator from my HVAC unit this weekend and i've got the dashboard off and now i "think" i've identified which actuator it is but finding it near impossible to get to the 2 Torx bolts holding it on however i've looked on the removal instructions on ELSAWIN and it says to remove this you need to put the motors in service mode (which i've done) and then remove the plate that all 5 actuators are mounted on and NOT the actuator itself however on the guides i've seen other people compose they've just removed the actuator in question ?
Has anyone come across this or does anyone know of a VW mechanic that can confirm this as i'd rather not remove it if it's going to make things harder.

Hoping someone has been in this situation before.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the ELSAWIN page but also this shows one actuator on the plate but i have 4 (or 5, can't see too clearly down there)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Based on what I've see in SSPs, one side has 4 or 5, the other 1 or 2... depending on how many zones you have, etc. Are you looking at the correct side?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this is my problem. It's a 2 zone AC and i followed a guide to remove the V159 actuator which showed in the photos it was on the right hand side but this was on a LHD vehicle and i'm "assuming" that it's the same for LHD and RHD ?
I'm working on the principal that you need to put the AC in service mode to get the actuators in a certain position to allow the whole retention plate out as opposed to each actuator because on RHD the bolts to get to them seperatly are hidden behind the hand brake bracket so it would make sense to remove the plate that hold them all on as this is easier to get out.
The right hand side on mine has 4 or 5 and the left side has 2.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just checked the removal of the V158 actuator and ELSAWIN shows the plate with 2 actuators on which IS on the left side of the car:

So i think i'm on the right side so i'm happy that i've got the correct one.........think i'll go and remove the plate as opposed to the actuator.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts