Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All; I've been enjoying my '13 Lux for almost a year and one half now with no problems except a dribbling rear window washer. This thing is awesome, can't seem to get enough of it. There has been a couple of times that I'd like to have a visual look at the Brake Fluid Reservoir level. I can look down at it through vent cut-outs in the plastic cowling, but it seems these late model Tregs don't have quite the same access to the Reservoir that the previous models did. Tell me I'm overthinking this thing, but those of you who have accessed this reservoir, what's the procedure? Sooner or later I'm going to have to get to it, and I don't want to wreck anything in the process. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
There is a fix for the rear wash.

Fit the non-return valve from a MINI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Nooby. I'd gone in a circle with the local Dealer on the Rear Washer dribble, ended up getting VOA involved, in which the common response was that " There is no Factory Authorized Procedure to fix the Leak" Anyway, keeping in persistence with VOA, they actually came up with a procedure , simultaneously on another customer's car, that had the same problem. Oh, by the way, it was no surprise to me that I already had info of the BMW/Mini part list and procedure that nobody really wanted to hear about. Ends up, the Dribble Fix attempt was undertaken at the Dealer, with info supplied by Headquarters. As a result, I could have sworn I'd seen the leak return a couple of months back. ( again, not a big surprise.) From here I'll end up doing the VW Vortex fix. As to the original post, have you had a chance to look at this late model design, as to how the Brake Fluid Reservoir seems to be tucked away with no regard to periodic checks?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Right by the driver's side hood hinge is the black plastic plenum cover. If you look carefully at where it is tucked into the gasket material in the front, you'll see two small divots in the plastic. Make two cuts there, and it forms a flap you can easily lift to access the brake fluid reservoir. You'll need a funnel to refill the reservoir, but it is better than the alternative of removing wipers and all that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts