Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've noticed that before I put the accelerator pedal to the floor, it's almost like I push a button with the pedal then it hits the floor.
I was just wondering what this pedal button does exactly?

Obviously the engine really wakes up, I've just put my foot down! But what is this button doing??

Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,159 Posts
Like almost all automatics, it'll be the kick-down switch - which triggers several functions, gets the gearbox to change down, switches off the air-con and alternator charging.

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,159 Posts
The "base" Touareg in the UK, the SE, doesn't have paddles but accesses Tiptronic by moving the gear lever away from the driver and then forwards or backwards to change gear - on higher models with paddles I don't know if that's still possible.

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
102 Posts
I have noticed something. Response on 2013 (180kW engine without AdBlue) is much more lazy than on 2017 (150kW engine with AdBlue). When u rev this newer model it literally shakes with car. And mine? Just nothing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
102 Posts
Unlikely the inlet manifold & charged air intake was touched if working on the cooling system.
Well if you are trying to solve coolant leaking issue between heads, u have to take off intake system. I cleaned it by myself and it was not clogged at all.
Car runs normally, consumption is also normal but u can feel delay after pushing pedal on idling.

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
102 Posts
Chip tuning? Sounds interesting:)
Yeah, it should go from 180kW to approx 217kw (298hp) and 635Nm. First I want to know health of engine. If result will be good, then I let guys at chiptuning company do their magic :ROFLMAO:
At this moment covid situation in my country sucks, so I will have to wait.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts