Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
545 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2005 T1, and I have the same problem on my 2009 T2. I have read, researched, and tried everything that was suggested without any success. In the end I just bought a 1 cm wide length of foam equal to the length of the upper vent and laid it in nice and tight. Problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem on my 2005 T1, and I have the same problem on my 2009 T2. I have read, researched, and tried everything that was suggested without any success. In the end I just bought a 1 cm wide length of foam equal to the length of the upper vent and laid it in nice and tight. Problem solved.
Wow that was a good solution do you have a picture of foam material you have use?

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Does this defeat the front windshield defog/defrost when using the A/C system for those features?

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
545 Posts
Does this defeat the front windshield defog/defrost when using the A/C system for those features?
To be honest I don't have much use for these functions as it doesn't get cold enough for that here.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I agree with New2Tregs. The defroster uses the A/C, I am pretty sure this is so the moisture in the air is removed while defrosting. I use the recirculate feature when running my defroster. If/when I see condensation inside my windshield I wipe it off with a paper towel, instantly getting rid of the extra moisture inside.
I dont know why one would want to block the defroster and leave all that excess moisture inside a Touareg. But we all do what we think is best for ourselves.

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
545 Posts
I agree with New2Tregs. The defroster uses the A/C, I am pretty sure this is so the moisture in the air is removed while defrosting. I use the recirculate feature when running my defroster. If/when I see condensation inside my windshield I wipe it off with a paper towel, instantly getting rid of the extra moisture inside.
I dont know why one would want to block the defroster and leave all that excess moisture inside a Touareg. But we all do what we think is best for ourselves.
I understand what you're saying, however, the problem I have is that when the A/C is on during the summer, and because of the high humidity outside, condensation accumulates on the windshield from the outside and I have to keep using the wipers to clear it and it just fogs up immediately again. And the cause of all that is the cold air coming out the center vent.
Someone once suggested that this air is coming from an unblocked opening in the center dash speaker housing, but when I removed the grille I couldn't find any air duct there. I guess this was designed out of the facelift 7L models, but the problem remains and I don't see any other solution, apart from taking apart the dashboard to do further investigation, and I would rather avoid that if I can.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I understand what you're saying, however, the problem I have is that when the A/C is on during the summer, and because of the high humidity outside, condensation accumulates on the windshield from the outside and I have to keep using the wipers to clear it and it just fogs up immediately again. And the cause of all that is the cold air coming out the center vent.
Someone once suggested that this air is coming from an unblocked opening in the center dash speaker housing, but when I removed the grille I couldn't find any air duct there. I guess this was designed out of the facelift 7L models, but the problem remains and I don't see any other solution, apart from taking apart the dashboard to do further investigation, and I would rather avoid that if I can.
oh its on the outside of your window in the summertime. Doesn’t your Touareg have the buttons to choose floor vents up flow or floor vents down flow in addition to the top vents flow? I usually set mine to use both top flow and floor vents up flow at the same time - heck I use that set up for heater and for a/c. I have not experiences the issues you are having

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
545 Posts
oh its on the outside of your window in the summertime. Doesn’t your Touareg have the buttons to choose floor vents up flow or floor vents down flow in addition to the top vents flow? I usually set mine to use both top flow and floor vents up flow at the same time - heck I use that set up for heater and for a/c. I have not experiences the issues you are having
It does, but it doesn't seem to stop air coming out of the defroster vent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts