Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC fan makes this weird buzzing noise and then the blowing air starts to lessen until there's none then the blowing stops. Then it'll buzz again and air will flow. The fan blows really weak even with the max fan speed if it does blow. Anyone know what's going on? Is the blower motor dying?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Clearly you've got something in there..... have it ripped apart and remove the mouse or whatever is in there....

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
You probably need either a fan motor or a bitron (aka fan speed control module).

My best WAG (wild arse guess) with your symptoms is the bitron. If you are good with a soldering gun, you can see if you can repair the bitron.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today I ran the AC and it was working fine, fans still blow weaker than normal. It wasn't making that humming noise. It seems that it'll only have problems like that when it's hot out like 80+ degrees and my car has been sitting out in the sun. Anyone know why it only seems to do this when it's hot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably need either a fan motor or a bitron (aka fan speed control module).

My best WAG (wild arse guess) with your symptoms is the bitron. If you are good with a soldering gun, you can see if you can repair the bitron.
Hm, I have no experience with cars at all. I was thinking about getting it checked out at Brakes Plus to see if they can figure out what's going on with it. I'd like to use the dealership as a last resort as I've seen by the other post that dealerships might charge me $1000+ to fix it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Brakes Plus really sounds like they specialize in HVAC systems....... do yourself a favor and find a local, competent shop that has seen Touaregs before or you'll be getting raped on any fix.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
If you can get a vcds scan, you probably will have an error from the Fresh Air Blower Regulator. If so, the usual solution is to replace the bitron.

If it is not the bitron, then odds are the fan motor needs to be replaced.

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 7L6-907-040.clb
Control Module Part Number: 7L6 907 040 AD
Component and/or Version: CLIMAtronic R/L 4326
Software Coding: 0020030
Work Shop Code: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 72EA5DDD696F4ADAD3-8026
1 Fault Found:

00353 - Function Return Message from Fresh Air Blower Regulator
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded
Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 13.50 V
Voltage: 6.05 V
Voltage: 11.77 V
Voltage: 14.00 V

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone from Colorado Springs have any recommendations for a good mechanic to check this out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts