Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was an excellent day. Along with a thorough detailing, my ABT parts arrived from Germany via Vivid Racing. I’ll be be slowly updating this thread since I’m deploying next month but here are pics of the spoiler on the Touareg.

The fit is 100% perfect as you’d expect from ABT. I’m trying to get it painted next week after Christmas.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I’ll update this thread. My body guy hasn’t had a chance to get my spoiler painted and installed but I did get the following.

- 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo wheels and tires

- 18z Cayenne brakes(won’t be installed until later)

- H&R lowering springs

- VW front valence(7P0-071-608-A-JKA)

I’ll be deploying in early March but the wheels and drop will be in by next weekend. The specs on the wheels are 21x10+50 so with the extra .5”(12mm) in width and the 9mm difference in offset between the 21” Mallorys(for reference) to the Turbo wheels should make it flush with the fender.

Attached is just a photo of the wheels. I’ll have pics of the wheels on the car here soon. If anyone has questions about the fit or want specific pics when they get installed, don’t hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
484 Posts
First and foremost.... thank you for your service where ever you are, I'm surprised Nooby hasn't demanded you update your profile to show it.

Second... and I hate to be a negative Nancy... but I'm not liking the spoiler. There's a space between it and the original one that houses the 3rd brake light. What's the purpose of it if you're going to be lowering the vehicle anyway(which IMO is not a good idea)?? The idea of a rear spoiler is to create down force so the vehicle is more stable at high speeds. You going racing??

The rims are nice, just watch out for curbs. Seems like the + offsets of these vehicles are susceptible to curb rash.

All in all... to each their own.
Good luck with your additions and be safe while deployed. I've got family deployed as well. Prayers for all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First and foremost.... thank you for your service where ever you are, I'm surprised Nooby hasn't demanded you update your profile to show it.

Second... and I hate to be a negative Nancy... but I'm not liking the spoiler. There's a space between it and the original one that houses the 3rd brake light. What's the purpose of it if you're going to be lowering the vehicle anyway(which IMO is not a good idea)?? The idea of a rear spoiler is to create down force so the vehicle is more stable at high speeds. You going racing??

The rims are nice, just watch out for curbs. Seems like the + offsets of these vehicles are susceptible to curb rash.

All in all... to each their own.
Good luck with your additions and be safe while deployed. I've got family deployed as well. Prayers for all.

No need to apologize and opinions are welcomed here... good or bad. I’m going for a Cayenne GTS-esque look overall and it’s purely aesthetic, the premium Cayennes have a similar spoiler set up. I know it’s not everyone’s taste but I like the Range Rover, Cayenne and AMG Mercedes look. I live in South Florida so other than going to an outdoor shooting range in farmland, my Touareg doesn’t go off-road often... lots of highway driving for me.

Thanks for the kind words. I was in the Air Force for 6 years and now I work in the Drone/UAS world now so thanks again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Personally.....I dig your choices! Cant wait to see it all come together. Abt is renown for their top notch quality so I'm sure once its painted, It'll blend in seamlessly achieving that OE+ look. Looking forward to finished product.

As previously spoken......Thx for your service man!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again...It's all about the wheels. Looks great!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Valence arrived today! Easy install and it really really cleans up the front end. Took about 2hrs by myself and you can’t beat OEM. Doesn’t come with double sided tape so that’s something you’d need to buy that wasn’t included.

Dropped the spoiler off to get painted on Saturday so it should be installed next week. The springs are still backordered but I’m hoping to get the whole project finished by March.

Before.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those wheels look great! You helped me make up my mind on replacing my stock wheels

I received a notification from TireRack informing me that the springs are off of backorder and will be shipped here soon. Also picked up a set of 77mm VW decals from Etsy for the wheels so let’s do how that looks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks amazing! Love the wheels and that front spoiler. Any more photos of that front spoiler/lip? Does it bolt on or all double sided tape. How far under does it go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks amazing! Love the wheels and that front spoiler. Any more photos of that front spoiler/lip? Does it bolt on or all double sided tape. How far under does it go?

It’s actually pretty stout and bolt on. You’ll have to drill holes but their instructions are easy to understand. It goes as far as the metal splash cover under the engine and covers the plastic pieces in front of it. The double sided tape is for the screw cover portion. I made a PDF copy of the instructions if you want to take a look at them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It’s actually pretty stout and bolt on. You’ll have to drill holes but their instructions are easy to understand. It goes as far as the metal splash cover under the engine and covers the plastic pieces in front of it. The double sided tape is for the screw cover portion. I made a PDF copy of the instructions if you want to take a look at them.

Yes please!! It’s such a simple piece but it’s pretty clean looking. There was no R-Line option for the 2016 that I know of. I like the look of some kind of front lip.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes please!! It’s such a simple piece but it’s pretty clean looking. There was no R-Line option for the 2016 that I know of. I like the look of some kind of front lip.

I’m having trouble attaching the PDF to this thread, I can send via email if you’d want it. Pictures really don’t do it justice and it really adds to the whole front end. The silver portion is a separate part so you could have it wrapped or painted to give it a different look vs the VW silver trim. Now the only thing I would get is some type of rubber gasket for the trim that boarders the fog lights.

I worked for Toyota/Lexus as a back counter parts counterman and there’s a PN for the side skirt gasket on a Scion TC that is thin and has adhesive to make the installation flawless. I need to find the PN though.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts