Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my wives 2011 Touareg has multiple warning lights at present. Every thing seems normal. Apart from the lights on the dash. Brakes have been done and brake sensors are fine. Can anyone suggest some other checks I can make?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the vehicle to auto tech, and had a diognostic scan, the technician said the speed sensor needs replacing. Cost $240. Iv booked the job in for latter in the week. But today the warning lights are gone and everything is back to normal...! I’m scratching my head, and ain’t doing anything about the speed sensor in the mean time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just used the vehicle again, and all the warning lights are back. I’m not sure what the speed sensor has to do with abs and parking brake errors. So I will take it in and let them change it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just read the link you sent,
Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now, erratic transmission shifts is another symptom, when down hill coasting, which the article touched on. I’m feeling much more reassured about getting the work done now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We got the speed sensor replaced, and it has fixed the problem. Running as good as ever. Just clocked 201000 kms

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. Glad the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My 2011 V6 has ABS, Anti Skid and Brake warning lights coming on after a mile .
Post a VCDS scan and we should be able to give you some suggestions.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
VCDS is just the VW code scanner. Like OBD on steroids.

It used to be named Vag Com. Now named VCDS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts