Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 v6 Touareg

668 Supply Voltage Terminal 30 - static - No fault type identified
290 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Left (G46) - static - Short circuit to another valve

I replaced the wheel speed sensor but the light is still on. Rosstech guide says check the fuses but they all look fine. Other VW forums with similar 668 code issues have a fuse box on the battery and they replace otherwise OK looking fuses to fix the problem!? Does the touareg have a fuse box under the seat there with the battery. Anyone ever heard of this with the treg?

Thanks

Francis

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
From memory, there are three fuse box boxes, one at each end of the dashboard and one accessed under a plastic plate in the bulkhead/plenum chamber [tho' this may only be for V8s according to the bumph I found below].

There is a big "master" fuse under the seat by the battery and some other fuses too.

See post #6 in this thread. 33 pages on fuse boxes albeit from an earlier year, but it might help you nonetheless!

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/fuses-79319.html

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks nooby. The plot thickens... I replaced the sensor but the ABS light was still on. I then watched the live wheel speed data and got nothing at all for that wheel. So I switched it out for the old sensor and all seems ok with the light out, didn't even need to clear it. For now. My guess is the wiring loom in the wheel well is damaged and plugging and unplugging it has temporarily 'fixed' it. Very odd though. I've no doubt the light will be back on soon enough. I'll go through the fuses tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Let us now how you get on.

We always like to help if we can, but it's even better to read that someone has found a fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW this issue turned out to be 2 DOA replacement sensors from different manufacturers and suppliers! I eventually realised I could swap over the front and back sensors which confirmed it was the sensor not the wiring or fuses. I replaced with a ATE sensor from Pelican Parts which resolved the issue immediately and has been fine for 2 months now. (possibly the longest time ive not had a damn MIL light on with this fricking car!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.