Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, started my '05 v8 gasser today and have brake light flashing, ABS light on along with rear differential indicator in the mfi. I get system fault workshop, brake fault in the mfi. I let it run for a few minutes and all these indicators go off and the emissions engine light comes on dash. At this point I can shift it out of park but not prior to that. I don't have access to vag com and am thinking its a faulty ABS sensor but not really sure. Any thoughts?

Thanks
JB

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
How old is your battery? Do you know when it was changed last?

·
Registered
261 Posts
No point in guessing, you need to know what fault code/s were set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Similar issue to my v10, my battery was 11 months old, replaced it just to try something out of frustration at not being able to find the problem, and the new battery solved the problem ... If you can try another battery, def worth a try

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
If you don't drive it a lot, your battery could have been just a little low at start - if it were me with a 9 month old battery, I would attempt to charge it up to see if that helps. At 9 months there should be some warranty on the battery as well, no?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's currently at my mechanic. He installed the new battery and it is under warranty. I drive it everyday, but not many miles. Usually under 10 back and forth to work. The voltage reads right at 14, but I'll have him check the battery as your the second person to mention this. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Brake lamp on + ABS lamp on + ESP lamp on means an ABS failure.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
849 Posts
If you have a rear locking differential it may be the rear stepper motor.

Regardless buying a RossTech VCDS is a good idea with the ownership of a T1/T2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, we are moving next week and so I told my mechanic to take his time. I will pass your thoughts onto him and I'll post results when I hear back from him. I really appreciate the replies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts