Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I need to replace one of my headlight brackets. I can R&R the front bumper cover no problem but looking at the VW information on R&R the bracket is does say to "lower the lock carrier into the service position". Do I need to do this, what is it, and how or, is all I need to do is remove the four bolts (I believe its four bolts) holding the bracket in place?

Thanks--

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are 4 bolts and getting to each set isn't fun. The front two become accessible by taking out the light housing and partially removing the front bumper cover. There's a bumper wrap part that might need removed as well.

The back two are easier on the driver side for my model(base 2006 v6) because there's space behind. On the passenger side the air intake housing can be removed or you can try taking the inner fender off to get access.

Be careful putting the new one on if the weather is cold. Seems like the replacements are pretty brittle if you put the light back in and try to force the fixed wiring adaptor too harshly. I broke one accidentally but it was in an us heated garage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts