Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a replacement abc 50 wheel key. This is for the 14 spline lug. Wife turfed the old one by mistake and not wanting to pay stealership prices for a new one. please send a price and shipping cost to 64155 MO. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
You should find one on E-bay but have you enquired the price at your dealer?

Personally, because the lugs are covered, I followed others on here and removed the locking lugs and replaced them with standard lugs so tire company fitters and "technicians" had no need to find the "locker" and nor could they bugger it up and then keep quiet if they had done so!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the dealer wants $125 for a lock and i prefer to keep my locks on as i always have new tires on my treg. I have marked the locking lug covers and check after every service i have done. 90% is by me so no need to double check. i looked on ebay but lots of everything else but the 14 spline.

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Bloody hell - did the parts man at the dealer put the decimal point in the wrong place?

I'm seeing plenty of 14s on ebay UK for the equivalent of 12-15 bucks and I also see you can buy complete sets [10 to 21 but why no 12 or 18 I wonder?] for the equivalent of about $50 [and then one can go round stealing everybody else's wheels!!].

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Have you really been running around in that Touareg with no wheel key for over a year???

If so, buy yourself a lottery ticket - you clearly have good luck on your side!!

·
Super Moderator
9,690 Posts
Only, try 1stVWParts.com. They are a dealer, but sell stuff online cheaper than what you can get when going to the dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to buy a new set cause our '15 TDI Lux (purchased 2nd hand) didn't come with a key. I'm guessing the previous owner lost it. Ordered a new set and took it to a dealer for them to remove the old ones.

If you shop around, you should be able to find them for ~$70 a set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.