Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been waiting for a green light in a queue when the car was hit from behind. Fortunately she and my son are OK. Wife got anxious because she was for the first time in such overwhelming situation when she had to phone insurer and police. A low life individual from neighbouring miserable country (so called “refugee”) went at unsafe speed and failed to brake. I can say without shadow of a doubt that Touareg is a Panzer. Despite the heavy impact no airbags deployed just the rear bumper damaged. And look at that bucket.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My wife has been waiting for a green light in a queue when the car was hit from behind. Fortunately she and my son are OK. Wife got anxious because she was for the first time in such overwhelming situation when she had to phone insurer and police. A low life individual from neighbouring miserable country (so called “refugee”) went at unsafe speed and failed to brake. I can say without shadow of a doubt that Touareg is a Panzer. Despite the heavy impact no airbags deployed just the rear bumper damaged. And look at that bucket. http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG2015091_8136447_18824156.jpg

http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG2015091_3519939_18823943.jpg
http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG2015091_2297338_18823965.jpg
http://pixs.ru/showimage/IMG2015091_8643042_18823967.jpg
The same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Did the crash happen to take out your parking sensors? Mine are no longer functional. I still haven't managed to get mine fixed due to the person who hit keeps ignoring the calls from the insurance company :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was that A-hole last week. I had about a million things going on in the car, traffic was stop and go, I wasn't sure where I was going, my iPhone wasn't talking to me anymore and even though I didn't look at it, I still rear ended someone. I glanced down at the speed and a sneeze for what seems like only 1 second and then ... crunch.

The guy I hit wasn't insured, but it was my fault. He had his house closed on a few days prior to and was sleeping out of his 2002 Monte Carlo. He was on his way to a job and then I hit him. Man, I felt like a schmuck. After i let him use my phone because he didn't have any minutes his, the cop told me to take off and while I was leaving, he was getting a sobriety test done (this is at 7:45AM). I feel bad for destroying his day, car and who knows what else and hope he comes out ahead in this.

Honestly, I really didn't even feel it in my Touareg. I felt a bump or so, but nothing really else. His car was toast though and the only thing wrong with mine was cosmetic damage and parking sensors up front. I can say that the Touareg is built more like an M1 tank than a car.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ohhh :( sorry to see this mate :( fortunately touareg have minor damage and your family is unharmed. thanks to god

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Did the crash happen to take out your parking sensors? Mine are no longer functional. I still haven't managed to get mine fixed due to the person who hit keeps ignoring the calls from the insurance company :(
No parking sensors (the first owner had a tough budget, methinks).
ohhh :( sorry to see this mate :( fortunately touareg have minor damage and your family is unharmed. thanks to god
Thanks for your sympathy. That's why I eyed a Treg years ago, to protect my family members in the similar situations.
I was that A-hole last week.
We are all human beings. BTW It's not a first time my rear bumper was hit. :) A few years ago, circa 2012, Toyota Camry ended my Treg. Again, I was staying at a crossroad, waiting for light. The impact was light coz Toyota was standing too. A very nice woman bent to open the glove box (to take her wallet and donate some money to a disabled man) and accidentally released the brake pedal. So, I was an innocent victim of her charity. The plastic just bent and then restored its original shape even no scratches were visible. I let her to go. (Next morning I had a flight.) Son was inside the car but he was too small and don't remember that accident now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glad your wife and son was ok! Mine was In a T bone by a drunk driver😭

image-2153893962.jpg
On the other hand shame on you for what you said about the person who hit the Treg..
Those people have names and not because they refugees they are humans just like us and can make mistakes to.!
Just saying😀

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just saying��
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.
can make mistakes to.!
The oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.

No remorse. I am from the land where we used to have Father and Mother, not politcorrect Parent#1 and Parent#2. And if the moron drives irresponsibly we used to call him the moron. :-# Next time he will hit someone's kid on a crosswalk.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a tiny update. Back in business! Installed brand new parts Nos. 40 and 45 (see attached sketch). Part No. 37 was repaired with filler. Here is the revamped bumper photo. The indemnity was paid without undue delay but didn't cover to the full extent. All in all my total loss is around 150$. Bloody insurers...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad that everything turned out OK.
Is it just me looking at the photographs or did your bumper get just a couple of scratches? If that's the case then I'm glad I'm driving a Touareg, too... ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad that everything turned out OK.
Is it just me looking at the photographs or did your bumper get just a couple of scratches? If that's the case then I'm glad I'm driving a Touareg, too... ;)
Yes, just scratches. No structural damages like bends or indentations, whatever. I was driving for 3 days without those three plastic parts I've mentioned, but didn't make any photos.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to revive an old thread :-(
BTW, all previous pictures disappeared, WTF?
Just one more evidence, that the Treg is a Panzer.
Have met another moron on our dangerous roads. Fortunately my speed was low, so none of the airbags activated. I spotted him in the very last moment (LKW on parallel lane was an obstruction to see him), no chances for me even by hitting the brakes. Might be the summer heat melted him brain cells so the man decided to play Russian roulette in his sixties. Besides the scratches, my concern is the crack on the chrome insert and some front fender misalignment. Will assess the damages next week. And the worst thing, my incident free record is compromised now. In 2014 the Police developed a database, so any potential buyer may check online for incidents using my VIN.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have to revive an old thread :-(

BTW, all previous pictures disappeared, WTF?

Just one more evidence, that the Treg is a Panzer.

Have met another moron on our dangerous roads. Fortunately my speed was low, so none of the airbags activated. I spotted him in the very last moment (LKW on parallel lane was an obstruction to see him), no chances for me even by hitting the brakes. Might be the summer heat melted him brain cells so the man decided to play Russian roulette in his sixties. Besides the scratches, my concern is the crack on the chrome insert and some front fender misalignment. Will assess the damages next week. And the worst thing, my incident free record is compromised now. In 2014 the Police developed a database, so any potential buyer may check online for incidents using my VIN.

How does this work in the mother land? Do you guys have insurance company’s? Are you required at all to have insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does this work in the mother land? Do you guys have insurance company’s? Are you required at all to have insurance?

How does it work here? Well, first, I have to note this again, people here are major violators. They are not a tiny minority, no. Not sure, what is the ratio between "normal" descent people and offenders part, lets say 50:50 by the first iteration/estimation. Sadly, my dashcam is out of order, which is a "must be" device here. Believe or not, but once I got out of my Treg (in the next second) I witnessed another crash (60 meters away)!
My emergency warning triangle was hitted twice by passing cars.
We have civil liability "OSAGO" insurance, which is obligatory and "KASKO" (extra one, expensive). Usually they prefer to arrange KASKO only if they pay a loan to the bank or in case of a prestigious or luxury car (to be protected from theft or a totalled brand new car). But because people here are violators, 60% of owners (according to statistic) don't pay annual insurance fees at all. The penalty is just 800 rubles (around 12 $ !!!!). And if you settle it within first 20 days you get 50%!!!! discount. So, they prefer to collect several tickets per year instead of arranging insurance. There is even "extended" type of insurance to cover possible losses in case the other side has no OSAGO. Fortunately that moronic driver has insurance (and we are clients of the same company). So, I called Police and had to wait 5 hours till their arrival (enhaling exhaust fumes at 30 degrees sunshine). Ideally, if the estimated losses are less than 100,000 rubles (around 1,587$) we have to complete so called "Europrotokol" ourselves and remove our cars. But I preferred to wait for Policemen, to secure and protect my position on their papers (because I am an innocent side here and he was a give way motorist). So, eventually he was fined 1,000 rubles for creating traffic congestion :) I had no idea, what my losses could be, including the labour costs. Now, I have to visit Police department to collect some papers and then to submit the documents to insurance company for the indemnity. Hope, you understand my English.

·
Registered
787 Posts
How does it work here? Well, first, I have to note this again, people here are major violators. They are not a tiny minority, no. Not sure, what is the ratio between "normal" descent people and offenders part, lets say 50:50 by the first iteration/estimation. Sadly, my dashcam is out of order, which is a "must be" device here. Believe or not, but once I got out of my Treg (in the next second) I witnessed another crash (60 meters away)!
My emergency warning triangle was hitted twice by passing cars.
We have civil liability "OSAGO" insurance, which is obligatory and "KASKO" (extra one, expensive). Usually they prefer to arrange KASKO only if they pay a loan to the bank or in case of a prestigious or luxury car (to be protected from theft or a totalled brand new car). But because people here are violators, 60% of owners (according to statistic) don't pay annual insurance fees at all. The penalty is just 800 rubles (around 12 $ !!!!). And if you settle it within first 20 days you get 50%!!!! discount. So, they prefer to collect several tickets per year instead of arranging insurance. There is even "extended" type of insurance to cover possible losses in case the other side has no OSAGO. Fortunately that moronic driver has insurance (and we are clients of the same company). So, I called Police and had to wait 5 hours till their arrival (enhaling exhaust fumes at 30 degrees sunshine). Ideally, if the estimated losses are less than 100,000 rubles (around 1,587$) we have to complete so called "Europrotokol" ourselves and remove our cars. But I preferred to wait for Policemen, to secure and protect my position on their papers (because I am an innocent side here and he was a give way motorist). So, eventually he was fined 1,000 rubles for creating traffic congestion :) I had no idea, what my losses could be, including the labour costs. Now, I have to visit Police department to collect some papers and then to submit the documents to insurance company for the indemnity. Hope, you understand my English.

Your English is perfect! That’s crazy though, I always wondered due to the fact that I always see so many crazy driving videos over there. I do understand why people don’t have insurance now. I mean $6 every 20 days is much cheaper then everyday insurance especially if you have a crappy car. Definitely gotta get that dash cam fixed!! I kinda want to go to the motherland to experience the Crazyness of it all. Hope your car gets fixed! She looks powerful crashed into that little car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Touaregman33
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing