Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 TDI has had the check engine light on and off for some time (last 3-4 months). Lately, just on. So I took it in to my dealer in Knoxville. AdBlue heater coil. (Probably the only thing from the entire emissions system that wasn't already previously rebuilt under warranty.) VWoA is comping the replacement. While my dealer was at it, they validated my Good Will program cards and retroactively applied the $1000 to a valve cleaning service on my Eos that was done in December, crediting $1000 back to my original form of payment.

:D

Reactions: nickm

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Awesome. That's how it should always be with dealers. That's true goodwill.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did you go to Harper? Love them. Go to them all the time. Glad to hear others have the same experience.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Harper.

I am also lucky when in NH with Qwirk VW in Manchester. They are excellent as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

The heater coil was fixed in Knoxville gratis, but the light came back on very shortly afterwards. By then it was too late to go back to Knoxville; I was due in NH. So I brought it to Quirk in Manchester today. Now it's the NOX sensor. ($789 p&l)

At this point I am pretty sure every component of the emissions system has been replaced at least once. (That is already a topic for many another thread...!) So I walk the service advisor through my vehicle repair history, and sure enough, they themselves replaced the sensor array at 26K miles (I am now at 66K).

Back to corporate, which offered to comp the repair after payment of a $100 deductible. I know, I know, I should have held firm to $0, but I agreed. It's the first dollar I have spent on anything but tires and routine maintenance since I bought the car.

Here's my feeling:
1) I have never had as much enjoyment from any vehicle as from this car.
2) My other two VW's (2.0l gassers) have never had any problems beyond expected maintenance. (Valve cleaning in the Eos)
3) Obviously the TDI emission system was not ready for prime time
4) But, as of tomorrow I will have only paid $100 for all the repairs (that were done courteously and expeditiously)
5) And I have been given $1000 goodwill cash -- so far!
6) I haven't touched my platinum warranty which is good for another two years.

Am I not still right to be a satisfied customer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts