Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Touareg a week ago today. To start with I have to say that it is one outstanding vehicle. Too many pros to go into here, it would require quite a bit of writing.

I do have a few minor issues/questions though.

The first night I got in for a drive I noticed, to my dismay, that the instrument cluster lights (the tach, speedometer, etc.) were white not blue. Now I have been in and driven quite a few different Touaregs and never have I seen a white dash. As a matter of fact every VW I have seen as of late has a blue dash. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or maybe even has the same dash. The dealer tells me it is because of the options I have/don't have but I did drive one that the ONLY difference from mine was the exterior color and it DID have a blue dash. I know it is trivial but I like the blue dash and thought that is what mine would be.

When ever I raise the temp above 70/71 I start to hear a very annoying, whining noise that seems to come from the engine compartment right in front of the brake and gas pedals. If I turn the temp down below 65/64 then it stops only to start again as soon as the temp is changed to anything over 70/71. No, I don't change the temp that much just once the noise was noticed this is what was discovered as the only way of describing what causes it to start and stop. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

I am also having a problem with the compass/clock display turning on and off. I think this is the problem that can be fixed with the code change found in the Touaregg secrets. I was just wondering if the problem occured with a regular frequency or if it just randomly cut on and off as the latter is what mine does. Anybody have an idea?

If you had the patience to read through all of this I thank you.
It seems like I am nitpicking my new car but these issues I think/hope can be easily resolved.
I have left it in the shop for a day already and they said the A/C noise was a heater coil pump that was turning on and off but like I said this noise is very noticeable and I have never heard it in any of the Touaregs I have driven. It is really the biggest issue I have mainly because if this is the only one doing it then VW would hopefully replace it as a unique, faulty unit. The dash I can learn to live with but I would like to know that there are other white dash boards out there as they have not yet been able to show me one. The compass I think is the easiest fix of all I just had not noticed it when I dropped it off the other day.

Any ideas anybody has are appreciated.
Also, I did not want to post in the bug forum as I hope this is all unique and will soon be fixed and forgotten.
Thanks!

V-8, Offroad Gray/Anthracite, Air Suspension, Rear diff lock.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Touareg

Mine doesnt make funny sounds when i adjust the AC.White dash comes with vehicles that gets Air suspension or Navigation.If you dont get either you get blue dash.Compass should not go on and off.If goes off after 30 to 45 secs then that is normal but VW has to fix this problem to make it stay on at all time when the vehicle is turned on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input.
I figured that the dash was going to be white as they have now told me that it is related to certain packages but nobody could tell me which packages were tied to the white dashboards. Like I said I can get used to it just wish it was blue.

The noise with the air is my biggest concern right now. I have not heard it in any others and granted there is only one response here but I am afraid it is just mine.

The compass concerns me a little since it does turn on and off and on and off and on and off. Hopefully the changes listed in "secrets" will fix it anyway.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ditto on the devoman post......You just bought a brand new 40K plus vehicle. you should be as nitpicky as you want to be..LOL The car should be perfect exactly how you like it....

I bet you can change out the dash to a none NAV A/R dash with the blue. I will look into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Compass light

The code to keep the compass light on all of the time can be changed by your dealer. However, I still had a problem with the brightness of the light (night/day) coming on and off on a random basis. Dealer switched out the display and the new one works fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going to wait for my first service for the compass issue but the noise related to the temperature setting is getting old. Granted it is not interfering with my ability to use my Touareg but it is definitely annoying and getting worse. I will likely wait for it too just so they can't say it is new and will work itself out.

Thanks for the input!

V-8, Offroad Gray/Anthracite, Air Suspension, Rear diff lock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
SC T-reg
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing