Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I hope this isnt a weird one, but I'll go ahead and ask anyway: Has anyone had the problem of when the A/C is on about 1/2 way, you can hear a kind of turbulent noise behind the drivers seat?I think its coming from the drivers side passenger vent thats in the B pillar.

At first I thought it was a fan motor that was going bad, but was informed by the dealer that there is no fan there. They thought it might be a duct not making good connection with another duct and air escaping.

Going to take it in soon, but just thought I would ask here first.

As always, thank you in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same noise. Its a high pitched warbling whistle comming from the driver's B pillar. The higher the fan speed, the louder the whistle. If you open any window or sun roof it goes away. Maybe my Touareg is too well sealed!

As the seals age, I hope they will leak and the whistle will go away! :-s

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whistle Noise

I had the same noise and just got it fixed last week. This supposedly is a known issue with VW. I do not know the TSB on it, but basically there is an issue with the insulation and that it needs to be plugged. The problem is in one of two spots 1) the rear intake (which requires disembling the rear of the car and possible replacement of taillights) and 2) inside the driverside rear door.

As a side note if you want the noise to disapear temporarily, just put the system into recirculate mode, this will decrease the interior pressure and thus the noise.

I hope this help.

Mark

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TSB or dealership name...

Mark,

Please tell me the TSB number or the name of your dealership that fixed the whistling noise.

My dealership says they cant find it anywhere.

Please help!

Thank you,

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.